Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts: Stop journal consolidation

Valued Partner

97Posts

86Kudos

11Solutions

97 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand

Hi,

In earlier versions of AccountRight it was possible to enter a single journal entry that coded against the same account multiple times, and each line could be reconciled individually, or searched for individually in reports or Find Transaction screens.

Is it possible to return to the old way of reporting journal entries, where I could reconcile each line individually, and search for each line individually?  The way the software now consolidates journals makes it much harder for me to see the individual parts of account movement if I'm coding spend money or general journal transactions.

"Stop journal consolidation in AccountRight 2011"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks again for all your votes and comments. We have implemented this suggestion in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope the change makes business life easier for you.

35 Comments
Ingeborg
4 Posts
Cover User

In MYOB V19 - you could enter a itemised Purchase using the same General Ledger Code (such as 5-1020 - Materials (Cost of Sales)) - and view each itemized line entered in the Job it was allocated to. Now, in Version 2013.2 - it is consolidated as one amount - meaning that you can no longer view each item individually.  We use the individual lines as a means to check when costing out a Job.  It is not practical for a 20 line itemized invoice to select a separate General Ledger Code for each item, so that we can view each item on our reports.

Please unconsolidate this urgently - it is not practical. 

If others would prefer it consolidated, then put an option on the menu when you go to look at the entries (say in the Job Activity Report) which allows you to choose an expanded or consolidated report.

Thank you.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Ingeborg
4 Posts
Cover User

In MYOB V19 - you could enter a itemised Purchase using the same General Ledger Code (such as 5-1020 - Materials (Cost of Sales)) - and view each itemized line entered in the Job it was allocated to. Now, in Version 2013.2 - it is consolidated as one amount - meaning that you can no longer view each item individually.  We use the individual lines as a means to check when costing out a Job.  It is not practical for a 20 line itemized invoice to select a separate General Ledger Code for each item, so that we can view each item on our reports.

Please unconsolidate this urgently - it is not practical. 

If others would prefer it consolidated, then put an option on the menu when you go to look at the entries (say in the Job Activity Report) which allows you to choose an expanded or consolidated report.

Thank you.

Looking forward to a resolution......

Kerry_Black
Super Partner
482 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Dale

What about payroll entries i.e. SGC & RESC super, which need to be separated as they are paid to 2 different super funds or SGC is being direct debited and RESC is paid manually, these are still being consolidated in AR 2013.2, please fix.

If we go to the trouble of entering things separately i.e. on different lines even if the same account is being used, it is obvious that we need the separate lines to show in the general ledger!!!

LJG
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes please. Very keen to have this fixed.  From an audit point of view the current way is a nightmare!!

JoanneZed
5 Posts
Cover User

Please stop consolidating journals where separate amounts are in the one general journal are allocated to the one account code.  When looking at the account, I would like to see the individual amounts listed, rather than consolidating the amounts and only showing one line per journal.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi there,

Yes please - AR Live does this as well and for accounting purposes its a pain!

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,604 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion and comments. This idea is already planned for inclusion in future releases of AccountRight Live, and if you could add your votes and comments to the original thread it would be greatly appreciated. The original thread where our developers have been discussing the change we'll make is here: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Stop-journal-consolidation-in-AccountRight-2...
EdenInOz
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Ditto from me, this consolidation is driving me to distraction. It as added to my workload when reconciling accounts.

The status is now "planned", but I would like to know when exactly it is going to be released?

ShannonAC
2 Posts
Cover User

Agreed.

This change has slowed my bank reconciliation process tenfold.

Don't understand why it was changed in the first place?!