Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Change the Automatic Cheque Numbering

JPH
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

26Posts

541Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Remove the automatic cheque numbers for every transaction in spend money and payroll.  Most clients use internet banking & EFT these days, so cheques shouldn't be the default option.  If you write a cheque you should manually enter the cheque number in MYOB.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We've taken this on board with our upcoming Bank Feeds function which only uses Cheque number when the source is actually a cheque, otherwise we default to EFT. This should save a lot of typing!

163 Comments
Vicki_L
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Bank rules - Spend Money and Bill

To be able to set a cheque number for transactions when creating a bank rule.

Each bank rule can have a cheque number ie dd, visa, amex, eft

The default seems to be EFT in the Cheque No. field.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rebecca12345  & @HDBKS

Thank you both for your feedback and further ideas in regards to this particular idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

IanJPP
1 Post
Cover User

MYOB will only have another 5 years to consider this as the proposed world-wide date for aboloshing all cheques is arond 2020 or 2021. I have used about 15 cheques in thelast 9 years of business.

MYOB will have no choice but to get rid of Chq numbers soon. I cannot believe MYOB are so far behind the times. Certainly looking for another product that keeps up with the times.

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Dear MYOB,

Please introduce this feature in the next upgrade.  Like the others I have been suffering with this for so long for something that should be an easy fix.

I don't see why this is so hard.  The unreasonable person might guess that MYOB is waiting for cheques to be phased out by the banks before it makes a change.

Regards

Tim

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

HelloTim & Ian,

Why not just ignore the fact that it says 'Cheque No' and assume that it says 'Reference No'.

then let it auto increment unless it is a real cheque and then enter with the prefix 'CH' and the cheque number.

see my eatlier post back a page or so.

Cheers

David

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there, just wondering if there's going to be a change to the "Cheque No." title in the Send Payment area? Would be better if it was possible to intstead have this modified to "EFT No." instead.Cheque Number.PNG

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @IanJPP

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE Button to the left of the idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @John_P

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight.

I've merged your idea with this similar top idea already suggested on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Jayne_Jones
1 Post
Cover User

Over 3 years since the original post and still no advance on this issue, is there any further updates on changing the auto#  ?

AngParMan
4 Posts
Cover User

In order to enhance our Auditing trails it would be benificial if we could reset the number sequencing at the beginning of each year for receipting / tranfers / general ledger, just as you can with Sale and Purchase.

A Conversation yesterday and  today on the chat line has discovered that at present this can't be done.

Would the development team please consider this request for the next update. This is in line with all the other numbering issues discussed with Cheque numbers etc.

Thank you 

Dianne