Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Change the Automatic Cheque Numbering

JPH
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

26Posts

541Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Remove the automatic cheque numbers for every transaction in spend money and payroll.  Most clients use internet banking & EFT these days, so cheques shouldn't be the default option.  If you write a cheque you should manually enter the cheque number in MYOB.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We've taken this on board with our upcoming Bank Feeds function which only uses Cheque number when the source is actually a cheque, otherwise we default to EFT. This should save a lot of typing!

163 Comments
TEAKEW
1 Post
User

Banking: Change the Automatic Cheque Numbering - THE COMMENT FROM MYOB SAYS CHEQUES WILL BE REMOVED BACK IN OCT 2012. HAS THIS BEEN DONE YET? SHOULD IT TAKE OVER A DECADE TO GET THIS CHANGE IMPLEMENTED? 

Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

TEAKEW 

No this hasn't been done, still says Cheque on my system 

Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @TEAKEW and @Ozkitchens

Thank you for posting your thoughts in the forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about this change not being implemented in the software. I understand that most transactions now do not involve any cheques. We will raise this as a suggestion again to the development team. We appreciate your patience. 

In the meantime, feel free to post again in the forum if you have any other concerns. 

Thanks,
Genreve