Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

357 Comments
HmmmReally
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Ladies and gentlemen I rest my case.

I dare say quite a few users will be delaying their subscription fees "unitl further notice". 

This is such a fundemental function that it absolutely highlights where you guys are at when it comes the development of MYOB.  You call it an idea. 

Hmmm Really?

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

The delay in this is pathetic. How stupid that you can email the invoice, but not the receipt for when the invoice is paid.   I, and a number of associated busineses have been requesting the email receipt option for 17 years, but it falls on deaf ears.  Our customers dont want receipts but legally by ATO rules you must provide them.  So we print over 1000 receipts which just get thrown in the bin by our customers.  Waste of time, waste of paper, waste of postage  and as such money.  Time we all voted without feet, and hour hard earned money, and go to another company.  Your priorities should be with what your customers ask for and need.

_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Well this is interesting, looking at xero support pages it seems that they support emailing a receipt

I guess MYOB  you are suggesting then I should just take the $140+ per month or whatever you have increased it to now elsewhere. Given the lack of changes seen the competing priority must be in something else entirely.

geoffrene
2 Posts
Cover User

it's really annoying not being able to email receipts.

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

I had a long discussion with Sarah from MYOB (based in New Zealand).  She was very helpful.  There appears to be a way around the issue of not being able to email receipts, by using MYOB in the brower.  I will be trialling it in a few weeks when I am next invoicing customers and start getting payments and will post the steps for others to trial it.  Fingers crossed it works as we need it.

TrudiW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It is crazy this is not a feature. We can email everything else but not receipts.

LivingWeb
3 Posts
Cover User

@JaneS07  We look forward to your update to know if you can sort out a work-around for this Much Sought After feature that MYOB has been asked for a couple of hundred times over 17 years!! It's APPALLING that MYOB then chooses to Ignore what its Paying Customers are asking for!
XERO provides it.
If your fix doesnt work, there may ba a number of users switching to a provider/partner that Listens and Responds!!

_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@JaneS07 you mentioned a work around using the browser version but I can't work it out, are you able to post even what might work so that I can also try please?

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

MYOB talked me through a me a way around this, but after investigating further, turns out they had no idea cause their way around it was just emailing a statement that you can do anyway, still not a receipt 

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

MYOB talked me through a me a way around this, but after investigating further, turns out they had no idea cause their way around it was just emailing a statement that you can do anyway, still not a receipt