Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Emailing Receipt option

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great to be able to email receipts to customers when you receive their payment, at the moment you can only print and I find this waists time and paper.  (The email remittance feature works great so why not have an email receipts option too.)

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2021

Thank you all for showing your support and voting for this idea. While we recognize the importance of sales receipts to your business, due to competing priorities we regretfully announced that the inclusion of this idea has been delayed until further notice. We’ll share information on the future status of this idea when we have more information.

357 Comments
Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all, thank you for showing your support for this feature for emailing receipts. We understand the importance of your request to your business, and we appreciate your patience during this time. Please be assured that your suggestions and feedback will be communicated to the team. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers,  
Leneth

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Brave of you to post that @Leneth_A since we've been given the same cookie cutter response for more than a decade!

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Very brave @Leneth_A

> We understand the importance of your request to your business,

I don't think you do. Otherwise it would have been prioritised and implemented 10 years ago when hundreds of users first started requesting it!

>we appreciate your patience during this time.

Can you still call it patience after 10 years!  I think patience turned into disappointment, frustration and finally anger a LONG time ago.

Please be assured that your suggestions and feedback will be communicated to the team. 
Ok. Sure. Whatever. Too little, too late.

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

The ultimate irony. This must be a joke... I certainly got a giggle out of it. It's nice to know that after 10 years of requesting this feature with no one listening or taking any action that we are free to continue asking for more assistance. 

Clearly MYOB's priorities do not align with ours... and many other customers.
We have already trialled Xero and will be switching at the end of the financial year.

TrudiW
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I keep paying more for things on my subscription I don't use or require, but this basic receipt email request is ignored. It would be SO easy to implement given the technology already exists to email invoices. I know why Xero is so popular. I am my accountants only MYOB customer now. I kept thinking I was too close to retirement to bother changing, but with a few years yet and the disgraceful attitude of MYOB I think I might reconsider.

commercial
6 Posts
Cover User

I've been using MYOB for 25+ years and was one of the original posters 10 years ago about this request. Was supposed to be happening back then! Once a very strong product, back when they merged with Solution 6. I even bought some share in the company thinking I could make a dollar. Gee, that was a mistake! Since then they have fallen in and out of private/public hands. Now owned by private equity giant KRR. None of the decision makers pay attention to these forums. And there are no innovators at the wheel. It's owned by a bunch of investors who will continue to package it,  carve it up and sell off anything that shows some signs of value. None of them really care what small business users really want. I feel stupid for still remaining with them. Best move on to one of their many competitors who provide real support. No one from MYOB listens here. This forum is just a therapy session for us humble customers. Ahhhhhh......

SP64
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

@Leneth_A I am really confused as to why this can't happen - before we were forced to use the online version of MYOB I could email receipts direct from MYOB so I am not sure why it is so difficult to get this sorted. 

MsBoobear
7 Posts
User
I'm sorry @Leneth_A 

Hi all, thank you for showing your support for this feature for emailing receipts.

You lot have ignored a basic business request for OVER A DECADE!!!

We understand the importance of your request to your business, and we appreciate your patience during this time. Please be assured that your suggestions and feedback will be communicated to the team. 

Plain & simple my reaction to this statement is: Rubbish and cowpuckies!!!

JaneS07
19 Posts
User

I have been asking for this option for 19 years.  All we get is some blah blah about how they are looking into it.  I rang and was told to put it on this forum, as it gets more weight than a phone call, and the powers that be actually listen to what customer want via the forum.  Well, that is rubbish.  Looks to be like 35 pages of comments of people wanting this.  When will you listen.  

_-_-_-_-_
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Stuckster well we may as well turn this into a how to migrate to Xero post as MYOB obviously don't want or care about our business.

How did you go with converting historical data over to Xero?

That was the only thing holding us back from switching at the beginning of this financial, we lost a lot of invoices that we reference from July 2021 onwards, they only took them from 2022.

Stuckster
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@_-_-_-_-_  Interesting. Not something we had thought was going to be an issue until you just mentioned it.

This post might get taken down, but considering how little the mods monitor this forum, probably not Smiley Happy

When you say they only took data from 2022, do you mean using Xero's migration service. I believe they outsource this to a third party to assist with onboarding new customers.
As far as I know there shouldn't be a limit on the amount of data you can import into Xero. Therefore could you look at manually importing any additional data via templates? Might involve some shifting data around in Excel, but not too difficult. This link might help. https://central.xero.com/s/article/Import-customer-invoices?userregion=true