Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Remittance Advice - List credits line by line

Cover User

2Posts

98Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I am new to MYOB, but very unhappy with how the software deals with credit notes on remittance advices.

When we pay Suppliers ( 100+ per month) we always have a mix of invoices to pay and credits to take. 

Whilst the system will take up the credits the Supplier is not getting the breakdown on the remit advice.

The remit advice needs to show invoices line by line and ALSO credits line by line. That way the Supplier knows exactly what the total amount represents. I have discussed this issue with 2 Live Chat consultants and both have no solutions, one even suggests to "hand write" the information. The remit is supposed to be emailed so that option is not professional enough for such a well known system. My previous software package of 20 years handled this simple accounting task perfectly. Keen for feedback and also a software enhancement quickly.

Given credit and invoices are entered the same way except with a negative value I am surprised this issue has not been resolved by other retailers paying suppliers years ago!

"Supplier Remittance Advice needs to list credits line by line!'

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Hi Nashy, thank you for your feedback. Additional options for your remittance advice details are something that we are looking into to be added into a future update, it is not currently in production so I cannot offer an expected time frame on this. Kind Regards, Matthew - MYOB Client Support

76 Comments
finacc
4 Posts
User

Thank you, Gose36 & OLFTG.

Now I understand why people move to other products from MYOB Smiley Happy

I had similar issue with the other software, but they finally moved (after 10years or more). Hopefully MYOB realised importance of customers requests. MYOB is for finance people and remittance is basic minimum feature.

Kind regards,

Akiko

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,170 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding this feature request over the past few years. We completely understand your frustration, and we want to assure you that your feedback hasn't gone unheard. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have a system in place where feature requests are prioritized based on user votes on our Product Ideas board. Your request has been noted and is part of the ongoing consideration process. We acknowledge the impact this issue has on multiple businesses, and while we are actively working on various facets of our business, the development team is continuously reviewing and prioritizing features based on the level of demand from our user community. We encourage all users who face similar challenges to contribute their support for particular features on our Product Ideas board. Your collective votes significantly influence our development roadmap, allowing us to focus on the most critical enhancements that benefit a larger user base. We truly appreciate your patience and continued support as we work towards resolving this issue and enhancing the MYOB experience for all our users.

Cheers,

Princess

finacc
4 Posts
User

Thank you, Princess. I have voted for this enhancement request now. Hopefully this post will get a lot of voting soon. Kind regards,

Screenshot 2023-11-27 132602.png

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,170 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @finacc,

You're welcome! Your vote for the enhancement request is incredibly valuable. The more support it gathers, the higher the chances of it being noticed and considered for implementation. Your contribution helps prioritize features that matter most to our users. Thank you for taking the time to cast your vote and support this feature request. We genuinely appreciate your involvement and dedication to improving our services.

Please feel free to reach out if you have questions or suggestions. We’re here to help in any way we can.

Cheers,

Princess

HenryM
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It has been many years. It is unlikely to be resolved by the technical team, and they are not tasked with the requirement to satisfy the query.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,170 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @HenryM,

Thank you for your post. I understand your disappointment caused by the longstanding feature request. I want to assure you that your feedback and requests are important to us. I'll do my best to escalate this matter internally to ensure it receives the attention it deserves. Your patience and dedication to seeing this through are appreciated, and I'll work towards obtaining an update on the status of this request.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Princess