Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Inventory: Increase character limit for Item name

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

709Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be really handy if the item name could be longer than 30 characters, if we could have a maximum of 50 characters it would make life much easier.

I know that you can select to use the description instead but this doesn't show up everywhere in MYOB and sometimes we need that space for other information.  We have over 5000 different items in our file and 30 words is just not enough most of the time.

Smiley Happy

"Item name length needs to be longer"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2013

Thanks for the idea of having more characters in the item name field MHS. We would love to hear if other users would also like to see the field length extended. Please add a vote if you would like to see this enhancement.

33 Comments
chfencing
1 Post
User

Yes, please please do this. 30 characters is so limiting and not helpful. I'd love if it was at least 100 caharcters. Intergrating with servieM8 makes all those limited to 30 characters too, very annoying

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @chfencing, thank you for sharing your suggestion in regard to the character limits. I understand that it's essential for improving your workflow, and we're sorry for any inconvenience it may have caused. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. Rest assured that we'll provide communications and updates once this feature will be added.

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,338 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @MHS  and @chfencing,

Thank you so much for your post and suggestion. We already forward this suggestion to the relevant team and we will be posting an update once this feature will be available. 

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
Regards,
Earl