Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Invoice templates and user access

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
New
New

Hi,

I need the system to save the template ie. To be printed – as my default to be printed form and To be emailed to save as the different to be emailed form.  Clearly these are 2 different formats as they are either printed on my letterhead or emailed with a logo and business name / ABN.  When you go to print email invoice tab and go to either of the tabs “printed” or “emailed” and go to Advanced filters you change the “selected form for sale – and change to my default form.  Each time you go to this depending on if you print or email this default needs to be changed each time and will stay on whichever option you last chose.  If you went to the print tab and you last used the email option the “selected form for sale” will remain as the email option.  This means that each time you need to check and change the default.  I believe that there should be an option to save the to be printed tab as a printed default form and that the to the emailed tab should have a separate filter option to save this as the default email form.

Also,  is there a way to identify user access and have only the user that has to print invoices appear under that user name / log in only?  We have several different staff that print/email invoices and every invoice appears in the print/email invoices tab.  Is there a way to have the user access control set up so that in there own individual access the only invoices that appear are for that user only? 

Your assitance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Comment
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,182 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Daldee,

Thank you for your post, and I'd like to welcome you to the Community forum.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback and suggestions on our product ideas board. We value your input, and your suggestions to have the ability to set default templates for printed and emailed invoices make a lot of sense, especially if your business uses different formats for these purposes. I will certainly pass your suggestion along to our development team for consideration. Regarding the specific user roles and access, currently, once you've selected Sales from the company file roles, this will provide the user with access to all areas and functions for sales. I regret to inform you that your request to control each user's access for print/email invoices falls under our product limitations. Kindly try checking out this Help article, Set up Roles, which has detailed information on managing roles.

Your feedback is crucial to us, and your ideas will help us improve our software to better meet your needs. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you've got more ideas or any concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to share them with us. We're here to assist you in any way we can.

cheers,

Princess