Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare Bank Deposit: Show individual transaction lines (non consolidation)

Contributing Cover User

12Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

12 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Undeposited funds account now shows a total daily amount received rather than listing the individual transactions.

This means that if i enter in one general journal which lists various income and expenditure account numbers i cannot then reconcile these individual amounts at a later date, as it saves as one total. 

Can you change it back to showing the individual amounts listed for each account type so that they can be handled as such? Or give an option to group the transactions (if there is a need to have it the way it has been changed for the new version?).

Attachment.PNG
Attachment.PNG

"Change Undeposited funds to show each transaction line that is allocated to undeposited funds"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Thank you for suggestion @Aspen. AccountRight doesn't actually currently show a daily amount received. What it does do, is show a single line for each transactions that you put through to undeposited funds - even if you have several different lines of that transaction allocated to undeposited funds. So this means this means that if you record one journal entry with several lines going to undeposited funds, the whole journal entry is considered a single transaction and the total of this one transaction is what will appear in undeposited funds.

Anyone else who would prefer each transaction line that is allocated to undeposited funds to appear separately in the prepare bank deposits screen, rather than a single total for each transaction, please cast your vote here.

9 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for suggestion @Aspen. AccountRight doesn't actually currently show a daily amount received. What it does do, is show a single line for each transactions that you put through to undeposited funds - even if you have several different lines of that transaction allocated to undeposited funds. So this means this means that if you record one journal entry with several lines going to undeposited funds, the whole journal entry is considered a single transaction and the total of this one transaction is what will appear in undeposited funds.

Anyone else who would prefer each transaction line that is allocated to undeposited funds to appear separately in the prepare bank deposits screen, rather than a single total for each transaction, please cast your vote here.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I raised this point in December here, and requested that it be passed to PD for correction.

The intent behind amendments to journal consolidation was to prevent it happening anywhere in the system for specified transaction types. The consolidation of lines in the bank deposit screen goes against this, and needs to be corrected.

I look forward to hearing that a fix in is development.

Aspen
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I too also look forward to a resolution to this as i literally cannot reconcile my accounts without changing everything about the way i record my incoming and outgoing expenses. There is a reason i have all of my accounts listed under one journal, and there is a reason they need to be listed seperately at the reconcilliation stage.

It was very frustrating to realise that this change had been made AFTER upgrading to version 2014, why fix what wasn't broken? I dont understand how this is an upgraded feature? Or why it was changed at all?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Aspen 

Thank you for your feedback and your idea.

Consolidation of transactional lines was something that was brought in with the AccountRight 2011. This allows for cleaner and easier to read journals. However I do understand that some clients do have a different opinion in regards to consolidation.

The AccountRight 2013.4 updated corrected consolidation in the following transactions/windows:
 Spend Money  Receive Money  Prepare Electronic Payments  General Journal entries

I would encourage others to vote and comment if required for this idea if they would like to see Prepare Bank deposit show each individual transactional line going to that account.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mike_James 

Thank you for your feedback, I have shared it with the team.

While the issue has been passed onto the program developers for future release. I would encourage you to show your support for this idea by voting.

Lea_A
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Liam_M

"Thank you for suggestion @Aspen. AccountRight doesn't actually currently show a daily amount received. What it does do, is show a single line for each transactions that you put through to undeposited funds - even if you have several different lines of that transaction allocated to undeposited funds. So this means this means that if you record one journal entry with several lines going to undeposited funds, the whole journal entry is considered a single transaction and the total of this one transaction is what will appear in undeposited funds."

This explanation doesn't make sense, because in trying to solve this problem I have discovered that separate lines within a Journal to the bank account WILL appear separately.

We have installed a new POS system that imports sales as a Journal rather than a Sales Invoice.  Undeposited funds is lumping together the Cash, EFT and Amex, but if we use the bank account, it keeps them separate.  However I still have a problem because each terminal has a separate journal but our cash is banked as a whole, so I still can't match the total cash deposit in the Bank Feed. 

Separate lines in undeposited funds would be better. 

Kez963
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

In Premier it was possible to enter a single journal entry that coded against the same account multiple times, and each line could be reconciled individually, or searched for individually in reports or Find Transaction screens.

This is particularly frustrating when doing a bank deposit - I enter separate amounts for cash and cheques but in my "prepare bank deposit" window they consolidate into 1 amount. I then have to enter another 2 separate journal entries to get the amounts to separate so I can process my bank deposit.

Is it possible to return to the old way of reporting journal entries, where each entries appears as its own line for reconcilling and bank deposit purposes. Having to enter all these extra journals is very time consuming.

JL1965
1 Post
Cover User

Agree anything that makes it quicker

SMESGroup
Experienced Partner
24 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes Please!!!