Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare Electronic Payments: BPay payments

Experienced Cover User

80Posts

174Kudos

1Solutions

80 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I currently use an ABA File to make multiple EFT payments and would love to be able to do the same with BPAY payments.  Would it be possible to add this as an option when setting up a Supplier's Payment details?  I have to enter each BPAY payment into the cheque account, then log onto the bank and enter each BPAY individually...very time consuming!  Thanks, Jenni

"Multiple BPAY Payments using an ABA File"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thanks for the idea. We would love to hear from other users what you think. We encourage users to leave further comments and votes.

75 Comments
RenayRWB
1 Post
Cover User

I would love to be able to upload all our bpay payments from MYOB to the bank, I can do this eftpos but not BPAY, any chance this will be coming in the future??

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RenayRWB

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

Currently this idea is marked as Under Consideration as something that the team are still considering as adding. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be added or marked for development. However we do still encourage clients that you would like to see this included in the program to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Kazmic
1 Post
User

Good Morning,

How many votes before this moves from Under Consideration status?

Thanks

Karen

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kazmic

Thank you for enquiry in regards to this status of this idea.

There is no set number of votes a particular idea does require to be moved into development and implemented into the program. However in saying that the higher number a votes an idea does receive the higher the demand and therefore the higher chance of the idea being implemented ahead of other ideas added to the program.

As of 18/01/2016 the AccountRight Idea Exchange have had 81 ideas implemented from it and some of the ideas have been marked as Planned.

Senthu
1 Post
User

Hi Guys,

If you want to lead the market, innovate to make bpay similar to EFT via ABA file.

I came through an old thread, which was from 2010!!!

http://community.myob.com/t5/Getting-started-with/BPay-Payments/m-p/19472/highlight/true#M3094

AlanT
Partner
2,369 Posts
Partner

Hi All,

FYI...

There is some more technical info about batch BPay payments here...

http://www.bpay.com.au/Business/Large-Business/BPAY-Services/Batch-Payments.aspx

Firstly, it does not appear that the ABA file format supports BPay payments.  However, some banks will support a CSV batch payment format that appears to include BPay items.

This would mean that firstly your bank wouldneed to accept this alternate method of batch payments and secondly the BPay payments would be written to a separate file, so when you need to make some payments by direct deposit and some by BPay, you wouldbe creating and up loading two separate files.

This could still be an improvement over today's method.

Regards,

Alan

RalphMel
6 Posts
Cover User

Alan,

Don't see any problem with the two files as we sometimes do a payroll file and another accounts payable file on the same day.

Selection of BPay transactions by payment type would be easy.

Just would like some action on this.

Brian

John_P
43 Posts
Former Staff

Would it be possible to pay a supplier or bill via Bpay within the Account Right or Essentials software?

Currently it's only possible by logging into a Internet banking account and doing that seperately.

It could be a big time saver if there was BPay built into MYOB too.

Say for example, a utility bill arrives and is entered into MYOB. With a Bank Account linked up, the bill could then be paid?

Regards,

Talia_MacqCon
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree, I also have several creditors who only accept electronic payment via BPay and will not provide EFT details. Batch BPay would be much more convenient and time-saving, I can't believe it is still not an option.

Bizsynergy
1 Post
Cover User

Begging you to implement this idea! I was recently discussing it with clients hoping it was an easy fix in the program by ticking something in the settings. 

Being able to pay multiple BPay transactions would make it easier for many businesses! Electronic payments is wonderful, but we need this next step.