Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purge: Cards

Experienced Cover User

39Posts

378Kudos

0Solutions

39 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

It would be great if there was a way of bulk deleting, or bulk merging of unused cards and especially items. 

"Bulk deleting of cards or items'

Delete cards

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: June 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion Helen. Anyone who would like to be able to hide, merge or delete unused cards or items in bulk, please cast your vote here. Also if you have suggestions on how this feature could work (such as the excellent verification suggestion left by Kelly81 above), please make a comment here.

41 Comments
KiwiNZ2016
1 Post
User

Very frustrating that you can't delete old clients or old stock.  Setting them to inactive they still remain when you print reports. Would be good if you could delete if the have a nil balance or a nil stock 

MOBS
Experienced Partner
50 Posts
Experienced Partner

I would love to clean up the Employee Card file and be able to delete Employee Cards particularly those have be terminated at least 5 years ago. 

A-Snax
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Dear MYOB,

Please provide a solution on how to delete obsolete Employee and Supplier Cards that have been inactivated and marked with a z, etc etc etc etc.  I have almost 100 employees in MYOB (some dating back to 2006) and only 10 employees are Active Employees.  So you can see my dilemma???  Appreciate a solution earlier rather than later!.

Thank you

MOBS
Experienced Partner
50 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have many clients with the same problem. I'd love to have a solution to this as well.

mmh
1 Post
Cover User

I would like to see it achieved by a process which involved exporting the list. Inserting the deletion flag in the data and then importing the list back in with the system recognising that flagged items are to be removed. Of course, as with the current controls only cards/lists without transactions could be purged.

SPlanCHLOE
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello All: An update that would really help our business out if to be able to remove a large number of obselete card files from 2017.1 myob file. When we were much smaller we used card files and 'contact logs' as a form of CRM, however since growing we have moved to using a full CRM system (called ACT) which can talk to MYOB but has all the expected funtionality of a CRM. This means we have 1000's of 'customer' card files that have never had a sale recorded against them that are no longer needed in MYOB and are clogging up our database.

At the moment the only way to remove these cards is to manually go through and delete each one individually...a huge use of time!

Would really appreciate some development in this...would also be handy for obselete and unused inventory items.

AnaMaria
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB, please find a way of deleting very old employee cards, I mean delete not just "inactivate" them!

I

CanFormoffice
1 Post
Cover User

What progress is there in introducing this function, please?

2ndFix
3 Posts
Cover User

Items - our business would opperate smoother if we were able to bulk delete items.  Especially when we are talking about 10,000 items which need to be deleted, should be able to have a tick box for this in the inventory.  It is so time consuming deleting one at a time, when there is so may to be done.

Ck63
Trusted Cover User
25 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We've had numerous emails advising to get ready for 'One Touch Payroll' now so that we are compliant by 01/07/2018.  Unfortunately I have just gotten off the phone with MYOB who advised that the AccountRight 2018.1 you can't purge or delete old employee cards.

We are 18 years of data and a casual employee staff, where the employees are terminated and the cards are inactive.  It would be really good if someone looked at this aspect as a matter of priority