Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Remittance Advice: Default settings

A-E
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

140Kudos

1Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Is it possible to have an option in MYOB where we can tick a default setting to always email remittance advices rather than changing it every time we entered the "Pay Bills screen." ?

At the moment it always reverts back to "Remittance advice delivery status: to be printed" when you close out of the screen.

Thank you

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: October 2015

Default settings for remittances advices has certainly been a popular suggestion. So, we're very pleased to announce that we've implemented this in version 2015.4. You can find more information on this, and on the other nifty improvements that have been made in version 2015.4 via our AccountRight Blog.

75 Comments
KylieCC
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

All of the above suggestions from MYOB work however each time you exit the program it bloody forgets everything and goes back to its system defaults!!! Very annoying to have to go in and select your form instead of the myob form everytime you want to say print remittance advices etc.  At the moment i can see that when i go into the print/email screen my customised form is the selected form but when you actually print it just prints the system default form instead.

Can someone please fix it so that i don't have to go through the process of manually selecting my default form every day!

Regards,

Kylie

Rebecca23
Trusted Cover User
29 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I think in 2015 the default should be 'To be Emailed' and to be printed should be the option. Emailing is better for the environment, is quicker and saves unnecessary costs.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Rebecca23

Thanks for your thoughts and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

LiamSmith
Experienced Partner
72 Posts
Experienced Partner

I might be on the wrong track here but I think most of this exists as an undocumented feature;

I noticed this in the Clearwater sample file - note the remittance option. 

Though when you go into a Pay Bill it doesn't default to this.

When you go into the Excel import you see the extra data there.

So basically all that needs to happen is to link the default remittance type to the field that already exists.

Remittance default.png

remittance screen.png

remittance import.png

Can someone from MYOB clarify this please?

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @LiamSmith

Unfortunately remittance advice default settings haven't yet been implemented, and the fields you have seen don't relate to remittance advice defaults.

The fields are a hold-over from AccountRight version 19. Version 19 had an optional subscription service called M-Powered payments, that would automatically send electronic payments to your bank when recorded in AccountRight. Suppliers paid M-Powered payments could have remittance advices sent to them via email or fax. These were sent by MYOB (the company) when we remitted the actual payment, not by your AccountRight software.

The suppliers in Clearwater that you're seeing with those field available are the ones that had the option to send automatic M-Powered payment remittances in version 19 ticked. Again this feature wasn't related to remittance advice defaults and isn't in AccountRight 2015.3. The fields have just been carried over in error.

YPH
3 Posts
Cover User

This issue has been annoying the hell out of me for months now.  I have searched hi and low to find a default setting but now know there isnt one.  The ability to set a default choice for every customer card makes sense and it is obviously not rocket science to implement.  Bring it on people!

Wrico
1 Post
Cover User

I was just looking for this option this morning and found this post, I can't believe that print is still the default in 2015. Even if it is difficult for the developers to add this option into the card file, surely the program's default could be changed to email in the meantime. I would really appreciate this feature please MYOB.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @YPH and @Wrico,

Thank you for your feedback. I have passed it along to the rest of the team.

Given the huge popularity of this idea, we are hoping to see this implemented into future releases of the software in the near future as it is readily apparent that it would benefit a lot of clients.

Cheers,

Tallie

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone, I am very pleased to inform you that our next release of AccountRight Live 2015.4 will have the option to specify the default delivery status, for Remittance Advice, on supplier cards.

We're sorry it took us a while to get this done.

Thank you one and all for your patience.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Default settings for remittances advices has certainly been a popular suggestion. So, we're very pleased to announce that we've implemented this in version 2015.4. You can find more information on this, and on the other nifty improvements that have been made in version 2015.4 via our AccountRight Blog.