Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Email - Include Customer PO No. in subject

Experienced Cover User

19Posts

9Kudos

0Solutions

19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New Zealand

A number of our customers have asked us to include our invoice number and their order number in the email which has the invoice attached. This is to save them time from having to open multiple invoices to find a specific invoice they are looking for.

From chatting to the helpdesk this evening, I was told this is only able to be hard-typed, so we would manually need to do this for each invoice.

Surely this is something that could be easily automated?

Thanks

"Customer order number into email with invoice"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

The Customer PO NO can be added to the subject of an email using the email variable: {{purchase_order}} This is done via the default emails as per Help Article: Set up default emails.

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sharpie_

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the showing of the Customer Purchase order number.

Just to confirm this is in the email message not on the email invoice/document?

Sharpie_
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @Steven_M, that's correct.  Our customers find it frustrating having to open multiple emails and attachments before being able to locate the correct invoice number/purchase order number they require, so are asking us for this detail to be included in the email body.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sharpie_

Thank you for your clarification.

Currently only the Invoice No can be included in the email's subject. I would encourage other clients that would like to see the Customer Purchase Order Number be able to be selected for the email message to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

KiwiCaro
Trusted Cover User
104 Posts
Trusted Cover User

It was suggested I post my request here to be considered for future enhancements. Please note I do not need an answer to the below question Smiley Happy

Hi

I would like to know if it is possible to edit the email template when sending a quote to somehow include the field 'CUSTOMER PO NO' in the 'Subject' line of the email.

Presently it is set to say 'Quote XXXXXX; from ABC Company' (eg)

Our biggest client now wishes for all of their quotes to read their job number in the email subject field.

I know we can add this in manually when we send, but thought it would helpful if there is a way this can automatically be done?

Thanks

Carolyn

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The Customer PO NO can be added to the subject of an email using the email variable: {{purchase_order}} This is done via the default emails as per Help Article: Set up default emails.