Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Extending Invoice number character limit

Cover User

1Posts

33Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Hi MYOB,

Since I've started to use MYOB over a couple of years ago, I've struggled with issuing Invoices as the Invoice number field is way too short. Each company has their own way of setting invoice numbers and giving users only eight (8) characters is way to restrictive! Your MYOB invoices that you issue to me is 13 characters so why do you restrict us with only 8?

Other company's invoices have the following characters in their Invoice number field:

- Yarra Valley Water = 15 characters

- MYOB = 13 characters

- Telstra = 12 characters

- Vodafone = 10 characters

I really hope that this could be changed soon so we could finally put our actual invoice numbers on our invoices.

Thanks.

"Invoice number field too short"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

The release of AccountRight 2020.2 has increased the Invoice Number field size from 8 characters to 13 characters.

12 Comments
TracyStinson72
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi,

I agree we need more characters please in the invoice number section. It would really be beneficial to us if you can update this, please? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The release of AccountRight 2020.2 has increased the Invoice Number field size from 8 characters to 13 characters.