Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Time Billing - Work in Progress

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I need to be able add further hours to Time biiling invoices which are already saved.

The Work In Progress(WIP) button needs to be available in 2012 as it was in Version 19!

Or supply a solution to this if one is available in the current version, as I can't see a way.

Please work on getting this functionality back, as it is a necessity!

Thanks!

"Please put the WIP Button back on Time Billing invoices."

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that as of AccountRight 2017.2 the WIP (Work in progress) button is now included in the Enter Sales window using a Time Billing layout.

To find out more information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 please see AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

74 Comments
LyndaSoderlund
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Dear MYOB,

I am shocked and disappointed that the WIP button has not been added back to the system, I did not realised this and have this week moved to the cloud, we will now have to unmove back to Premier as we are unable to bill without it.

How do you expect professional services billing that bill at intervals and over long periods of time to use your products if they are not functionally suitable.

Even the work around of adding activity slips to an invoice that is opened up in the sales module does not appear to be available.

Please reinstate the WIP function, asap.

Thank you Lynda

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @LyndaSoderlund

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and the readding of the Work in Progress button.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea's Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea on please see the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

STS_GC
1 Post
User

Yes we also need the WIP button brought back as a necessity!!.  This is causing us major invoicing issues and delays in the invoicing process.  Time billing is usless for us without that feature

RMECivil
2 Posts
Cover User

I need to be able add additional activity slips to Time biiling invoices which are already saved.

The Work In Progress(WIP) button that was in Version 19 needs to be added back into the current MYOB functionality.

Please work on getting this functionality back, as it is a necessity!

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @RMECivil

Thank you for your idea in regards to the AccountRight

I have combined your idea with this one already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

NOW I remember one of the reasons I stayed on MYOB Premier for as long as I could.

I took one look at AR a couple of years ago - saw no WIP button when creating an Invoice - and ditched it.

Please give me the WIP button!

I don't have time to browse through the timebilling before I invoice a client. I just want to raise the invoice, suck in the activity slips from the WIP button, modify with my write ups and downs, and create the invoice.

Please bring back this essential functionality so I can continue the same process I've enjoyed for 15 years. I tried Xero PM, it sucked, I want MYOB timebilling so I'm back... and I neeeeeeeed my WIP button NOW PLEASE!

/tantrum

Phil_Wherrett
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

So we are now at AR 2016.2 and still no WIP button!

We have moved to this version due to SuperStream requirements, but now gone backwards hugely in the ability to generate TimeBilling Invoices as was previously able to be done in V19.

It is not possible now to have recurring monthly timebilling invoices and then add WIP onto them.

LiamSmith
Experienced Partner
72 Posts
Experienced Partner

Adding a +1 to bring the WIP button back / replace with similar functionality.

In terms of workflow it's very handy to be able to add initial lines to the invoice as a group, then go back and get further lines, repeat process so that the invoice is in a logical order for the customer.

Alternately, give the user the ability to select the wip lines to bring through as current but then add a 'Re order' button which brings up a screen which allows the user to re order the items before they hit the invoice.

Alternately, all the user to move the line items in the invoice around. This is more general functionality which would be of more use to the wider user base.

Cheers,

Liam

Waterguy
3 Posts
User

Wish I had seen this thread before upgrading from V19.  Adding WIP time to existing invoices is vital for us.  I think I may have to look at "downgrading" back to V19 that at least does what we have been using for many years. 

PS - MYOB - how long does it take you to fix this!

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

Cummon, please MYOB. This thread has been going for years. 

Bring back the WIP button.

Until you do, we're referring all our sole trader clients to use Xero instead of MYOB Essentials.

I mean it!

(I will try blackmail, if that's what it takes!) 

I really need that WIP button on invoices. I want to create the invoice for a client, THEN draw in their WIP.

I hate scrolling through the long list of time billing balances for so many clients before I can invoice. There's not even a search field. You have to scroll the list alphabetically to find a client. It's such a drag.