Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Time Billing - Work in Progress

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

57Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

I need to be able add further hours to Time biiling invoices which are already saved.

The Work In Progress(WIP) button needs to be available in 2012 as it was in Version 19!

Or supply a solution to this if one is available in the current version, as I can't see a way.

Please work on getting this functionality back, as it is a necessity!

Thanks!

"Please put the WIP Button back on Time Billing invoices."

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your showing your support for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce that as of AccountRight 2017.2 the WIP (Work in progress) button is now included in the Enter Sales window using a Time Billing layout.

To find out more information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 please see AccountRight 2017.2 now available.

74 Comments
Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I too use Time Billing. Could you be more specific - that is, which version of AccountRight are you using and which screen are you referring too. Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea.

We are in the process of adding a WIP (Working in Progress) option to time billing invoices created in of AccountRight 2017. 

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

This is great news. How soon will it be done? We really need to know, pelase. At present we're having to track our monthly fixed-billing clients in Excel, and reconciliation with timebilling and quotes is a mess. Having the WIP button back in invoices will streamline these processes and save us the trouble of setting up other billing software (which is on the cards right now).

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ilovemondays

Initial development* does indicate that this will be included in our next AccountRight update, due out in the fourth quarter of this year*.

*is subject to change.

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

Does fourth quarter of this year mean calendar year (Dec 2017) or financial year (June 2018)? Is there any way it can be done sooner, please? Customers have been requesting it since 2012, it's critically needed by time billing users, and it's a feature that used to be there that was taken away. So it's hard to understand why it takes so long 'in development'.

Appreciate your quick responses.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ilovemondays

Sorry, I wasn't clear with that one. AccountRight 2017.2 is intended for release in the fourth quarter (of the calendar year) at this stage.

*Edited to be calendar year

Ilovemondays
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

You've got to be kidding! LOL

Why would you even announce it's in development (then disclaimed as initial development and subject to change, at that) when it's that far away?

That's just hopeless. Typical MYOB. This is why we tell all our clients to use Xero instead. They don't take 6 years to fix something; they're actually enthusiastic and proactive about improving their product to meet the needs of their paying customers. 

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,863 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Steven_M, my information suggests that 2017.2 is likely to be released in the 4th quarter of this calendar year, ie October-December 2017. Could you confirm that?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mike_James

Good pickup, I've adjusted my post accordingly.

Just to confirm - we are aiming for AccountRight 2017.2 to be released in the fourth quarter of this calendar year (October - December 2017).

REDwine
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi MYOB

What is the status on the develpment of a "Work In Progress" option on time billing invoices?  This was raised with you in 2012 and was supposedly going to be available in 2017.  This existing time billing is not user friendly for our particular business.  I miss the WIP option from my previous Account Right Enterprise software.