Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Use of bold, italics or colour when entering a sale

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

30Kudos

1Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT POSSIBLE TO USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR ON CERTAIN ENTRIES ON A SERVICE INVOICE?

I DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE MY CUSTOMISED FORM, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT APPLY TO EVERY INVOICE I ENTER AND THAT WOULD JUST BE MORE WORK!!

IT WOULD BE NICE IF THERE WAS SOME KIND OF TOOLBAR WHICH INCLUDED THESE OPTIONS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO CUSTOMISE FORMS!

ANY IDEAS???

"CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE"

Current Status: New
Last Changed: October 2013

Thanks for the great idea Nat. We would love to hear what other users think. If you would like to see this functionality, please show your support with further votes and comments.

68 Comments
macwrap
Contributing Cover User
21 Posts
Contributing Cover User

im in support of this idea buut to also include it in the Item Description field. I have the desire to colour code various sizes of the sme product to make it easier for picker/packers. This would make mine and other business very hapy. 

cheers

Allen Brady

Veejays
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree with Snowbie2 - still under consideration after 2.5 years is unbelievable.  You already have it identified as a Header in the invoice, it can't be that hard to bold that when it prints.  This would be a big help just to get this function up and running.

I can understand that other users would like to customise this further and that may take a bit more work to make it happen (like specifying colours, etc) but I'm sure just being able to print it bolded would help them in the interim.

Regards

Judy

Lizzylegs
Contributing User
14 Posts
Contributing User

Hi, sort of relating to this problem, after I do a header the drop to next line I have a lot of information to input into description and it seems to disappear it's there but hiding, I loose where I'm at so when I print there's massive gaps rrrrrr what am I doing 

LT4x4
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Is there any update on formatting text in a header?

Thanks.

ilsebaker
5 Posts
Cover User

Can the header and subtotal lines please please please be printed as they show on screen i.e in bold? It would make quotes and invoices A LOT clearer and more professional looking!!

looking forward to the changes - hopefully soon 

melkevc
1 Post
Cover User

I have seen this topic brought up again and again. Yet it seems to be overlooked.

Please could Myob print in BOLD or Italics as seen on invoicing screen. there is no point in adding a subtotal or header that looks like every other line. It defeates the purpose.

PLEASE GET ON BOARD AND VOTE FOR THIS FEATURE TO BE ADDED I KNOW THERE ARE MANY OTHERS OUT THERE THAT FEEL THE SAME WAY.

If there is a way to do this that i have missed - sorry - please let me know how as i can not find anything on the website to add/fix this.

DaMota
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I originally posted this question in 2013!  I have read many comments from MYOB saying, 

• it's a good idea
  • we need to vote
  • it's under construction
  • it's not available in this version, we're looking into it

Well here we are in 2017 and I am looking at customing invoices again.  I was wondering if this has been added yet?

It's obvious so many people want it and it's 4 years since I last asked the question, maybe even longer if other people were asking previous to myself.

If it's not been done yet, HOW MUCH LONGER DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

Blockbuild
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

YES PLEASE CAN YOU USE BOLD, ITALIC OR COLOUR WHEN ENTERING SERVICE INVOICE.   HOW LONG DO YOU NEED TO CONSIDER THIS ITS BEEN 4 YEARS SINCE THE ORIGINAL POSTING REQUEST!!

DM1971
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The last post on this was April with no response from MYOB on the progress of this.

Can MYOB let us know what the status is, it is obviously a very popular idea/request.

We have all been waiting a long time.

Thank you

MattPlow
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It seems ridiculous to me that there isnt a way to make subtotals stand out on an invoice when printing it out for a customer. At the moment it just looks like another transaction line which for an accounting business package seems really strange. It would be great if there was an option to choose between (or all):

*underlining the final transaction item before subtotal

*making the subtotal bold

*Having the subtotal sit out in its own column to the right of the transaction items.

Such a simple thing which would make invoice templates much easier on the eye for customers.