10 months ago
New

Same Item different serial numbers

Hi,

I am new to MYOB, I am adding items into our company's items list, we really only have a couple of products that we buy and sell however our products all have different serial numbers, is there a way to add more that one of the same item and adding different serial numbers.

Example I have 15 machines to add to my items list, all the machines have the same item number and name but I need to differentiate them by the serial number, I would like to add these without having to add 15 individual machines. Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Regards,

Mal

1 Comment

• Hi Malinee

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I understand how a feature like that would be useful in businesses that sell machines. Currently, the AccountRight application does not have a way to track the serial numbers of the items being sold and bought. Rest assured we will raise this as a suggestion to our development team. In the meantime, I would recommend recording the serial numbers of the machines for each transaction description like invoice line items and bill line items. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We're happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve