Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Search: Remember Date From filters from previous session

Cover User

7Posts

14Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Cover User
Australia

At the moment, the "Date From" field all registers in MYOB AccountRight 2012 defaults to the first of the current month. It makes more sense to me to have this field default to the first day of the current financial year, or at the very least, the first day of the current quarter. Displaying only those transactions made in the current month seems meaningless. Is there any chance of this behavior being modified in future editions?

"Default date in "Date From" field in all registers."

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2023

Hi Everyone

Filters on the AccountRight browser interface are remembered between sessions. This does mean that if you do close down and you can pick right up where you left off with your filters.

14 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jefkel

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the date range setting on certain windows and how other programs complete the process. I have shared it with the team

Also please let me extend a warm welcome to yourself on the MYOB Community Forum, i hope you find it a wealth of knowledge.

Triboss
Valued Partner
99 Posts
Valued Partner

Currently the Sales/Purchases (and other) Register screens have a default date filter applied when first opening the screen.

This range is set to the current month range eg. 1/5/2016 to 30/5/2016.  It would be handy if a default option could be set to something like last 30 days, last 60 days, last 90 days, current financial year etc.

DannyTangney
Valued Cover User
320 Posts
Valued Cover User

Hi all,

I would like to propose a major change to the way MYOB operates. Currently, many of the screens (such as the various Registers) will automatically populate the screen, based on current dates and default optons, or last entered dates and values.

For example, the Bank Register screen will automatically search for all transactions in the current month to date, for the default bank account. This gets worse and worse as month-end approaches, being forced to search for and then view the whole month's worth of transaction when I might only want to see transactions for the last day or two...

Another (worse) example, where I want to print Sales Statements for last month - with no choice about it, the Print/Email Statements screen will initially search for statements using the current month-to-date values. Then, when the From date is changed, then another search takes place, and after the To date is changed, yet another occurs which makes three searches before I get the information I am after.

On a slow system such as ours, this can waste a lot of time (not to mention internet usage) when we what we really want is to look at information using non-default values.

Rather than automatically searching, could MYOB be changed across the board so that the parameters (From and To dates, accounts, etc) can be set before clicking on a search or refresh button to initiate the lookup using the options entered ?

This would vastly increase the usability of the software for us and result in much less wastage of time and resources...

Regards,

Danny Tangney

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Filters on the AccountRight browser interface are remembered between sessions. This does mean that if you do close down and you can pick right up where you left off with your filters.