Allocating pays

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
JenniBate
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Allocating pays

Hi, I process pays manually through my bank as two employees share a bank account and I can't upload an ABA. As such, I have 4 individual transactions needing to be allocated but only one electronic payment that I can match them to. As there's four items, they result in an unbalanced match, and it won't save.

I've seen I need to reverse the payroll and reprocess it as separate transactions, but that is unacceptable to have to do every month. Is there another way to do this?

18 REPLIES 18
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia
Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

Re: Allocating pays

Hi @JenniBate 

You could change your payroll setup, so the payments are paid from a different bank account (suggestion: Payroll Clearing Account).  Then when the payments come through your Bank Feed, you can allocate these as a transfer to the 'Payroll Clearing Account'.

Hope that helps,

AlanT

AngieG
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @AlanT 

What do we need to do for the historical bank transactions that we are trying to match to payroll items?

If we change the account to "Payroll Clearing" that will work with items going forward - but not the previous ones.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @AngieG 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, if you have multiple bank feed transactions and one electronic payment transaction you could delete/reverse the electronic payment transaction. Then process electronic payments for each individual pay transaction separately. You can then match the bank feed transactions with the individual electronic payment transactions.

Please let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

AJ5
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

One employee pay will not allocate to the transaction (ie no match is found), all the rest have. The date and amount are correct and the payment method is CHEQUE, the same as the other payees for that payrun.

In bankrec that unallocated pay is auto reconciled but has a REF no next to it , all the others don't.

Employee was only paid once , not twice by mistake.

Please help

AJ5
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

There are no electronic payments

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Hi

Do you have one bank transaction for the 4 pays and 4 individual MYOB transactions for thr payroll ?

Thats how I am interpreting your message

My suggestion would be to manually reconcile the 4 pays in myob 

Do a journal 

DR Bank Total of bank payment N-T

CR Payroll clearing account bank payment amount N-T

Then allocate the bank payment through bank feeds to the payroll clearing account ( this will be a DR Payroll clearing account N-T transaction)

This will, record the payroll correctly and offset the bank payment

Hope that helps

Lisa

AJ5
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

8Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Lisa,

No, I have a seperate bank transfer for each employee and don't use the clearing account, so I am still stuck.

Thanks for reply

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Hi same should apply 

Lisa

LRBooks61
Ultimate Cover User
1,054 Posts
Ultimate Cover User
Australia
Ultimate Cover User

1,054Posts

214Kudos

124Solutions

Hi

Is the issue about the one pay that hasn't been able to be matched?

You said that the bank feed had been automatched but not to the payroll cheque, Can you go into the payment that it has matched with and see what it is?

If it is not the correct match can you unmatch and put it back into bank feeds to properly match it with the payroll transaction

Investigate the automatched transaction to see if it a legitimate entry and match it to the correct bank feed transaction or delete it if it is incorrect or a duplication

Hope that helps

Lisa

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post