Forum Discussion

JenniBate
Contributing User
3 years ago

Allocating pays

Hi, I process pays manually through my bank as two employees share a bank account and I can't upload an ABA. As such, I have 4 individual transactions needing to be allocated but only one electronic payment that I can match them to. As there's four items, they result in an unbalanced match, and it won't save.

I've seen I need to reverse the payroll and reprocess it as separate transactions, but that is unacceptable to have to do every month. Is there another way to do this?

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi JenniBate 

You could change your payroll setup, so the payments are paid from a different bank account (suggestion: Payroll Clearing Account).  Then when the payments come through your Bank Feed, you can allocate these as a transfer to the 'Payroll Clearing Account'.

Hope that helps,

AlanT

AngieG
      User

Hi AlanT 

What do we need to do for the historical bank transactions that we are trying to match to payroll items?

If we change the account to "Payroll Clearing" that will work with items going forward - but not the previous ones.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Hi AngieG 

Thanks for your post. Generally speaking, if you have multiple bank feed transactions and one electronic payment transaction you could delete/reverse the electronic payment transaction. Then process electronic payments for each individual pay transaction separately. You can then match the bank feed transactions with the individual electronic payment transactions.

Please let us know if you need further help.