Forum Discussion

Conan99
Contributing Cover User
5 months ago
Solved

Un-allocating a transaction

I'm having problems cancelling the current allocation of a bank transaction which should be matched to an invoice.
It was manually allocated incorrectly, and now I wish to correct this allocation.

When I use the 'unallocate' option or even the 'unmatch' option for the individual transaction it 'appears' to work and the bank transaction shows a different status.

HOWEVER, when I try to match the transaction to an invoice, (which also seems to work) it reverts to the original status of the incorrect allocation again. (As if I have not corrected it).
Therefore my invoice remains 'overdue' because some flag is not being reset.

• I went to produce a video of the problem and the previous problem had cleared.
    Which I'm afraid is good for me (I can ignore it and move on), but not particularly useful for troubleshooting what the issue was.

If it happens again, which was a rare entry error, I'll reopen the can of worms, but for now, my issue has cleared with no action from myself, except waiting a few days.

Many thanks for the follow up.

7 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi conan99.

Thank you for your post.

I understand that you are having difficulties due to the cancellation of your current allocation in your bank transaction. May I know how you unallocated the transaction? In this matter, you can unallocate transactions, if necessary, from MYOB Business. 

To unallocate a transaction:

• On Bank Transaction page (Banking >> Bank Transaction) click the dropdown arrow for the transaction to be allocated. 
    • Click Unmatch
    • Click Unmatch again in the message that appears. The spend money or receive money transaction that was automatically created is now deleted and you can now allocate the bank transaction again. 

For more information, you can check out this Help Article: Allocating bank transactions.

If you still need further assistance with this or if you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are happy to help. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Conan99
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you for your reply.

In answer to your question, normally, my transactions will come up with a suggested match to an invoice.
      However instead, in the dropdown where you can 'match transaction' or 'allocate' manually, this transaction was manually allocated as '100% Fee income'.
      When reviewing my invoices, I noted that this invoice was overdue because it hadn't been matched correctly to the bank transaction.

So, my REAL problem is, no matter how hard I try to unmatch, or un-allocate this transaction and match it to the original invoice, it comes back up as 'Fee Income' rather than 'matched to Customer payment x'
      Its like it can't seem to forget. I tried leaving it 'unallocated' for a night to see if it was a slow update process or something, but tried again and as soon as I match the transaction to a customer payment, it updates with 'Fee income' again.

Does that make sense?

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi conan99,

Thank you for the additional information. To better assist you with this, could you please send me the screenshots of the Bank transaction window and invoice transaction. Please make sure sensitive information is removed before posting the screenshots on the public forum. 

We hope to hear from you soon. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Conan99
    Contributing Cover User

Sorry, my accounting speak is not great, so when I say "I'm trying to match the transaction to an invoice", I actually mean the payment of an invoice (a recorded bank payment that matches the invoice)

Celia_B
      MYOB Moderator

Hi conan99,

We hope this message finds you well. We just want to check back with you regarding your concern about your unallocating transactions on your bank feeds. If you still need further assistance with this, please provide a screenshot of your bank transaction. If you have other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. We are more than happy to help. 

Kind Regards, 

Cel

Conan99
        Contributing Cover User

I went to produce a video of the problem and the previous problem had cleared.
        Which I'm afraid is good for me (I can ignore it and move on), but not particularly useful for troubleshooting what the issue was.

If it happens again, which was a rare entry error, I'll reopen the can of worms, but for now, my issue has cleared with no action from myself, except waiting a few days.

Many thanks for the follow up.