Forum Discussion

7 months ago
Solved

Matching transactions

I am unable to match 2 bank feed payments to 1 Payroll payment.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Hi lespoke

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand matching multiple bank feeds to one transaction is one of the features you used when your file was on Essentials. Unfortunately, in the MYOB Business web app, this is not possible. If there are two bank feed transactions, you will need to create two different transactions to match them. The only option you have at this point is to either reverse and reprocess the payroll into two different transactions or to create journal entries to match the bank feeds to the payroll (I would suggest speaking with a financial advisor in the latter). Also, I recommend reading through this article, Matching Bank Transactions. This will give you more information regarding MYOB Business bank feeds. 

In the meantime, we will raise this as a suggestion to the development team. 

If you have any other concerns, feel free to post again in the forum. 

Thanks,

Genreve

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi lespoke

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. 

I understand matching multiple bank feeds to one transaction is one of the features you used when your file was on Essentials. Unfortunately, in the MYOB Business web app, this is not possible. If there are two bank feed transactions, you will need to create two different transactions to match them. The only option you have at this point is to either reverse and reprocess the payroll into two different transactions or to create journal entries to match the bank feeds to the payroll (I would suggest speaking with a financial advisor in the latter). Also, I recommend reading through this article, Matching Bank Transactions. This will give you more information regarding MYOB Business bank feeds. 

In the meantime, we will raise this as a suggestion to the development team. 

If you have any other concerns, feel free to post again in the forum. 

Thanks,

Genreve

BTS1
    Experienced Cover User

I have a similar issue and am having a nightmare with support! I manually pay each employee through internet banking, however the payments are not reconcilling at all! I have the amounts paid on my banking tab, and they match the amounts each staff member should be paid, but the banking wont reconcile! Any help would be great! Ive been online with support for an hour and have already spoken to 2 people who are unable to help!

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi lespoke

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear about your concern with matching bank feeds. 

If you have two bank feeds for 2 different payments, you need to record the payments to match them as two separate payments too. Unlike Legacy Essentials, MYOB Business does not allow the matching of two bank feed transactions to one ledger transaction. As mentioned in my previous response, if the payment was sent as two different transactions in the bank, the only options you have are either reverse and remake the payment or create journal entries to correct the values to match the bank feeds (the latter would need an accountant to make sure everything is recorded correctly). 

Let us know if you require further assistance with this.

Thanks,

Genreve