Forum Discussion

NINAW13
Contributing User
6 months ago
Solved

Allocating payroll payments

Hi,

I have always been on the Essentials program but have recently been upgraded to Business. I'm finding some things very frustrating, it isn't as straightforward to use as the Essentials. 

Usually, I would go to my "unallocated payments" and easily match all of my payments to the appropriate account, invoice, payroll etc. 

However, since changing to Business, I cannot allocate any of my Payroll payments anymore?!

I have done the pay runs each week like normal, I have made the payment to the employees, and I can see the payments come out in the bank feeds. However, when I use the drop down arrow to find/match the payment to the payroll transaction, there is no options there. Why is this and how am I meant to allocate them now?? I can't find any information on this anywhere and it is so frustrating. 

If someone can please explain this step by step for me would be greatly appreciated, im currently feeling very silly that I can't work it out!

thanks so much!

• Hi NINAW13

Thank you for the response. We appreciate your effort in sending us a screenshot of your Find Transaction window. 

Based on the screenshot you've attached; the payroll transactions seem to be passing through the Electronic Clearing Account 1-3000. This means that the payroll transactions aren't recorded directly with the bank account of choice, as they are currently sitting in the Electronic Clearing Account. 

I suggest opening Payroll > Prepare Electronic Payments window, this is where your payroll transactions are going to show up. You will need to process the transfer from the Electronic Clearing Account to the right bank account one by one to match the bank feeds. Make sure to input the right date, amount, and bank account when creating transactions from this window. 

Also, I recommend reading through his article, Making Electronic Payments. This will show you the step-by-step process you need to follow. 

Let us know if you require any further assistance with this. 

Thanks,

Genreve

9 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi NINAW13

Thanks for posting your concern in the forum. We appreciate your time explaining your concern. 

I'm sorry to hear about your experience in allocating payroll transactions to your bank feeds. To check on this, may I get you to send us a screenshot of the said transaction from the Banking > Find Transactions> Debits and Credits tab window? Also, any added relevant information would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your response. 

Thanks,
    Genreve

Genreve_S
      MYOB Moderator

Hi NINAW13

I hope you are well today. 

I'm just checking back if you still need assistance with your concern about allocating payroll payments. 

Feel free to send us screenshots or any additional information if you still require assistance. 

Thanks,

Genreve

NINAW13
        Contributing User

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply, sorry I've just seen this! I am still having trouble and would appreciate some help. 
        In the screenshots attached Im showing you that I have processed the payruns, in the next that you can see the payments have gone through and are sitting in my unallocated payments, and in the third I'm showing that when I select to match the transaction, that there are no matching transactions - they used to all be sitting there to match up and would often allocate themselves automatically. (There are no other options further down either there was only one unallocated match to choose from and it's not correct) I'm trying to figure out how I match these payroll payments now?

Hope this makes sense? Thank you!