Forum Discussion

FionaB
Experienced Cover User
10 months ago
Solved

Payroll payment errors

Hi there,

I have some issue in my yearly reporting with wages account.
it is showing double in my ledger reporting.

I usually create pay run through my myob payrun and manually transfer wages to employees. My electronics payment doesn't work as I did not activated that. But it seems that MYOB Business is automatically set up for electronic payments. I thought I had rectified this in Bank Linking but there are still two payments "Electronic" and "Spend Money"

All employees are payments are set up as cheque.

What I am doing wrong in this and how can I fix it?

How do I clear the Electronic Payment account?

• Hi, FionaB 

Thanks for your response. 

In addition to the information that Celia_B provided, if you used Spend Money to record the transactions of the pay run processed, you may need to delete those transactions first so they will not double up during reconciliation. If you did not use Spend Money, you can go directly to Banking > Prepare electronic payments window > Payment type is Pay Employees, and then choose the correct Transactions from and Transactions to date as well as the Account. Once the payroll transactions are showing up, you will need to tick the transactions and then click on Download bank file. This will allow you to clear the prepare electronic payments window. You may also check The Help Articles: Spend money and Making electronic payments for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

10 Replies

Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi FionaB,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

You have the choice to designate a Spend Money transaction as an electronic payment when you complete it. The Electronic Payment checkbox on the Spend Money window allows for this. When that checkbox is selected, the transaction will be loaded and processed in the Prepare Electronic Payments window.

In your case, I would assume you have Setup>>Linked Accounts>>Account and Banking>>Bank Account for Electronic Payments to the main bank account. By having this set up like this, all payment transactions you make you intend to be made electronic payment transactions within the software and thus the option is ticked.

Let me know how you go. We're happy to assist. 

If my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Kind Regards, 

Cel

FionaB
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Celia,

Thank you for your response.

That is not the problem, please see attached Linked Accounts for Accounts & Banking and Payroll.

The payrun is automatiaclly recording the payment to Electronic Payment (all employees are setup as Cheque) and the actual payments are paid using Spend Money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Fiona

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi, FionaB 

Thanks for your response. 

In addition to the information that Celia_B provided, if you used Spend Money to record the transactions of the pay run processed, you may need to delete those transactions first so they will not double up during reconciliation. If you did not use Spend Money, you can go directly to Banking > Prepare electronic payments window > Payment type is Pay Employees, and then choose the correct Transactions from and Transactions to date as well as the Account. Once the payroll transactions are showing up, you will need to tick the transactions and then click on Download bank file. This will allow you to clear the prepare electronic payments window. You may also check The Help Articles: Spend money and Making electronic payments for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen