Forum Discussion

IdaS1
Trusted User
8 days ago

Uploading payment file error

Hi, the below error popped up when uploading an ABA file to NAB "Error in uploaded file, line too small. Expected at least 120 characters, but found 42" could you please help and advise how I can fix this. It's the second time it has happened and only on this supplier (OBR).  The first payment we made I had to manually process online as I thought there may have been a technical issue with NAB, however trying to upload a payment this morning, it appears this may be a MYOB issue. 

• Hi IdaS1 , the line is split on

....CH

RESOURCES...

This usually means there is a line break in the middle. Can you check the field in MYOB where that value appears, and maybe delete and re-type it with just a space?

5 Replies

Jemar_C
    MYOB Moderator

Hi IdaS1,

I apologize if you are getting an error in uploading ABA file to NAB. You may try in clearing the AccountRight Cache. If it will not work, please check this thread for the other workaround that another user have tried.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem

IdaS1
      Trusted User

Hi Jem 

I've seen the thread you suggested prior to contacting this forum, can you advise what was done to fix it as I could not see a resolution to the problem? How do you fix the ABA file so that it doesn't split across 2 lines? Clearing cache does not fix the issue. Thank you

ABA file - invoice split across 2 lines

ABA File - invoice on 1 line

Regards

Ida

Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi IdaS1 , the line is split on

....CH

RESOURCES...

This usually means there is a line break in the middle. Can you check the field in MYOB where that value appears, and maybe delete and re-type it with just a space?

IdaS1
      Trusted User

Hi Mike

Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated. This fixed the issue. 

Thank you!

Ida

Jemar_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi IdaS1,

I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved by following the instructions given by Mike_James.

Feel free to write a post if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Jem