Forum Discussion

smileykylie1982
Trusted User
10 months ago
Solved

Problem with allocating credit card payments

Hello,

usually I don't have an issue with allocating credit card payments listed in my bank feed to invoices, but for some reason earlier this month I have received an invoice payment, it is showing as unallocated in my bank feed, and the invoice it is meant for doesn't show up in the list of invoices to allocate payments to.

It took some time to track it down due to GST and surcharges being applied to the payment.

I have tried deleting the CR payment from the invoice so I can allocate the bank feed payment to it, but I receive an error: "Something went wrong. Please try again or refresh the browser. Please try again. If the error persists, get in touch with us. Request ID: a39d649c-1d71-4c68-b264-6ff085f9d0d9."

Please advise next steps.

Thank you.

• I have contacted support and I was able to fix this problem.

The system would not let me remove the payment record and gave me a "something has gone wrong" error.

It wouldn't let me remove the invoice because a payment had been recorded against it.

While talking with support and supplying screenshots I noticed that the bank account that the payment was assigned to was Undeposited Funds account. I enquired whether that was correct because all other online payments were not assigned to that account.

I was able to reassign and save the payment to my primary bank account which allowed me to match the bank feed transaction to it, but then I had a problem with the online payment surcharge. With great trepidation I manually created a balance adjustment to the surcharges account... I hope this hasn't caused any problems.

It seems that for whatever reason when the online payment was processed in the back end it was meant to be moved from the undeposited funds account to the main account so the bank feed transaction could be matched to it. For whatever reason this didn't occur so the process had to be performed manually, as best it could.

That's the only thing I can think of. This problem hasn't happened to me before.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi smileykylie1982 

Thank you for your post. 

Can you please try to delete it when you go History button in the bill and click on it? This will bring up the payment which you can delete and re-enter. And if you're still having trouble deleting the payment after following the instructions, can you please attach screenshots of the error so I can investigate further for you?

Let me know how you go. I am happy to assist you further. 

Thanks, 

Cel

smileykylie1982
      Trusted User

I have contacted support and I was able to fix this problem.

The system would not let me remove the payment record and gave me a "something has gone wrong" error.

It wouldn't let me remove the invoice because a payment had been recorded against it.

While talking with support and supplying screenshots I noticed that the bank account that the payment was assigned to was Undeposited Funds account. I enquired whether that was correct because all other online payments were not assigned to that account.

I was able to reassign and save the payment to my primary bank account which allowed me to match the bank feed transaction to it, but then I had a problem with the online payment surcharge. With great trepidation I manually created a balance adjustment to the surcharges account... I hope this hasn't caused any problems.

It seems that for whatever reason when the online payment was processed in the back end it was meant to be moved from the undeposited funds account to the main account so the bank feed transaction could be matched to it. For whatever reason this didn't occur so the process had to be performed manually, as best it could.

That's the only thing I can think of. This problem hasn't happened to me before.

Celia_B
        MYOB Moderator

Hi smileykylie1982 

Thank you for getting back to us and share an update. 

I understand that this is the first time you encountered this problem and I know that this had made you upset. Accept our apologies for the inconvenience have caused you. But I am glad that the issue has been resolved and it was sorted out by our Live agents.  If you need further assistance in the future please don't hesitate to post again. We're happy to assist you. 

Thanks, 

Cel