Forum Discussion

Feebie
Trusted Cover User
11 months ago
Solved

BANK FEEDS and other not so wonderful things....

Having just migrated from Account Right to Business Lite & Pro due to the MYOB "powers that be" more than doubling the price of the subscription for one user having multiple client accounts using Account Right Plus, I'm now experiencing "issues"

1.  Bank feeds

I was checking off the entries from the Bank Transaction list prior to receiving the paper work to check against from the business.  This is just a small business with a few bank transactions and most are easily recognisable and on repeat - so easy to get a jump on receiving the paper work.  Also I wanted to check out how this software operated compared to bank recs in Account Right.  On checking/allocating the payments and the income on the BANK TRANSACTION screen, I went to the RECONCILE Screen.  The Closing Bank Statement Balance gave a figure (at approx 11am) - which on looking at the MYOB "how to" page is brought in from the Bank Feed.  I tick off all the entries and the Calculated closing balance matched - great (I thought)....  Later that day (approx 12.30pm) I received the paperwork for this business, and discovered payments made thru the bank for the middle of the month which were completely missed from bank feeds.  I entered them - some income (entered thru Receive Money), most expenses (entered thru Spend Money).  Then I went over to the BANK RECONCILIATION page (same day approx 1.30pm -only 2.5hrs later than first look), and now there was a new figure in the Closing Bank Statement Balance ??  Doesn't that come from Bank Feeds?? - why did it change??  There would not have been another bank feed in the middle of the same day - I don't understand. 

Also the printout of the BANK REC does not show a previously reconciled date with a previously reconciled $amount - just saying...

2. SPEND MONEY

When I entered the expenses thru Spend Money, The Contact Payee doesn't show up in the bank feed description - only what you put in the description of transaction (usually just an inv number because the Supplier name is already selected so why would you enter that as well??) - so now each spend money transaction needs to have the supplier name and the inv# entered into the Description so that it shows on the bank feed  - unless there is a way around this that I don't know about.  Please dont say we need to enter these into Purchases, create a bill and apply a payment as that is a total waste of time as everything is paid for COD - so, it needs to be Spend Money.

3. Using Recurring Transactions

In Account Right - recurring transactions can easliy be selected to use and once you enter the date you are using, you generally don't have to change the month.  You can just enter the day & press enter, and the rest will populate to the month you are working in - it remembers once you do it the first time.  BusinessPro & Lite - you have to enter the date each and every single time - so if you are entering transactions for the month previous to what you are actually in (which is more often than not), then every single recurring transaction you need to re-enter the complete date.

4. Is it possible to have more than one screen open at a time?  (ie) bank reconciliations and the Spend money window?? I've found if Im half way thru entering something, then need to check something else, then I can't go out and come back to it, I have to start again.

5. What happened to the PAY LIABILITES function that was in Account Right?  That was helpful and easy to use and I would have thought fairly transferrable to BusPro.  Yes I've been able to create a recurring transaction that kind-of does the same thing, but it was a useful function.

6. Where's the BACKUP button - how do we do a backup - do we just trust MYOB?? ... lol

The main thing is the bank feeds ..... the rest is just a whinge that no doubt I just have to get used to... *sigh*

Thanks for any insight :)

• Hi Feebie 

Thank you for your post.

Generally speaking AccountRight desktop version has a features which are not applicable and available on MYOB Business Pro and Lite. To answer your questions:

• When manually reconciling in MYOB Business you do need to type the closing balance that appears on the statement your bank sent you in the Closing bank statement balance field.
    • You can only open window/screen one at a time.
    • In MYOB Business Pro/ Lite we don't the back up option, however you can export and print out reports.

These are the Help Articles you may look through in regards to how Business Pro and Lite works:

For the missing bank feeds, in case this happens again please do let us know by sending us a Private message, so that we can investigate.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Feebie
    Trusted Cover User

Just some additional information re Bank Feeds

Two of the companies that I work on - one Business Pro, the other Business Lite - both companies had information missing from the bank feeds.  When I was able to access a proper bank statement, I was able to identify which transactions were missing from the feeds and do a manual rec on both accounts.

Any ideas why the Bank Feeds were missing transactions?? 

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Feebie 

Thank you for your post.

Generally speaking AccountRight desktop version has a features which are not applicable and available on MYOB Business Pro and Lite. To answer your questions:

• When manually reconciling in MYOB Business you do need to type the closing balance that appears on the statement your bank sent you in the Closing bank statement balance field.
      • You can only open window/screen one at a time.
      • In MYOB Business Pro/ Lite we don't the back up option, however you can export and print out reports.

These are the Help Articles you may look through in regards to how Business Pro and Lite works:

For the missing bank feeds, in case this happens again please do let us know by sending us a Private message, so that we can investigate.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Princess