Bank Rules no longer working

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ChrisLiz
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank Rules no longer working

Bank rules are not auto allocating like they used to before. Its taking me twice the time to complete tasks and from one day to the next its unpredicable. Please help me fix this issue. I have tried everything.

9 REPLIES 9
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,219 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,219Posts

118Kudos

492Solutions

Re: Bank Rules no longer working

Hi @ChrisLiz 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

Once you create a bank rules, MYOB will automatically match a transaction if there's an exact match available. If this is not the case, and bank rules is not working, could you please try to recreate the bank rules, save it again and refresh your bank transaction page. 

Please let me know how you go with this.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

xxsuer
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Bank rules are still not working. Is it going to work? 

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

cHi @xxsuer 

Thank you for your post, I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum, I hope you find it a valuable resource.

In response to your concern, Generally, if the bank rules are not working, there might be a rule that is skipped. I would recommend recreating a bank rule, saving it again and refreshing your bank transaction page. Because on MYOB, when you create bank rules it will automatically match if there's an exact match available in the transaction. 

Or if you are recently migrated from Essentials to business you can check on this link: https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/myob/Check+your+MYOB+business+after+upgrading#expand-Tocheckyourb...

Let me know how you go and if you still need further assistance with this. I'm happy to assist you.

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ChrisLiz
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks for advice everyone. Will let you know how it goes but wont be trying for a couple of months now.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

HI @ChrisLiz 

Please let us know how you go.  and  feel free to post again if you need further assistance with this.  

We'll be happy to assist you. 

Cheers, 

Cejl

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ordertech
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I have searched and this problem have been issued many years. until now still not working properly. 

Everytime have to edit bank rule and saved again to make it work but it worked only one day. Its really wasting my time. Contacted support team still can't help. Anyone have any suggestions?

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @ordertech 

Thank you very much for flagging this to us. Sorry for the inconvenience caused you and for the experience when contacting our support team. I can relate to your annoyance. We are committed to giving our clients a fantastic experience and we'll always be there to help you if you need it. 

As for this matter, The Bank Rules within MYOB Business will only work for the current financial year within the file. If there are unallocated transactions for the previous financial year the rules will not apply to them. If this happens, you will need to allocate transactions for previous financial years if they haven't been previously allocated. 

For Spend Money Rules, Rules are automatically applied to matching transactions up to the lock period (opening balance/financial year start/lock period) up to a maximum of 365 days. 

For the Invoice/Bill Rule, rules will look for all open invoice/bill transactions from the matching contact regardless of amount/date. However, MYOB Business filters will be applied to the transaction which display in the match transaction. And if the matching bills fall outside the filter parameters for close matches then they won't show.  

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance with this. I am happy to assist you further. 

If my response has answered your inquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Best Regards, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

ordertech
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Cel,

Thanks for the theory, I have opened another business from 01 July 2023 and decided to use MYOB again.

So, all transactions are current year. 

However, Thanks for the infomation.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,108Posts

61Kudos

141Solutions

Hi @ordertech 

My pleasure to help you with this. If you need further assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us again. We're happy to assist you. 

I have some questions to help us improve our service. 

Are you satisfied with the response provided ? YES or NO

Did you had a positive experience ? Give a thumbs up on original post

Thanks, 

Cel

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or