Reconciling showing payroll back as credits

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
SJR1
4 Posts
User
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Reconciling showing payroll back as credits

Hi, 

I am attempting to reconcile my account on MYOB business pro. 

My wages (which I pay via the electronic clearing account) seem to keep coming back as credits making it difficult to reconcile and i am not sure why?

Anyone able to provide clarity for me?

Capture.JPG
1 REPLY 1
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: MYOB Payroll Reconciliation

Hi @SJR1 

Thanks for your post. Looking at that screenshot the pay transactions don't appear to be electronic payments which indicates there's something not right with your set up. If you're using the electronic clearing account you should see an electronic payment transaction, not the pay transactions. EP000008 is an electronic payment transaction, you should see an EP transaction for the wage amount.

In Accounting>>Manage linked accounts>>Payroll tab>>Bank account for electronic payments should be the electronic clearing account.

When you process pay runs the net amount is automatically posted to the electronic clearing account.

You would then go to Banking>>Prepare electronic payments>>Bank account field is the bank account wages will be withdrawn from. Select the pay transactions to be paid and click on Download bank file.

In Reconcile accounts the electronic payment transaction (EP) will appear as a withdrawal.

If you continue to have trouble with this can you please provide screenshots of a pay transaction and the Manage linked accounts window. Make sure sensitive information is removed from screenshots prior to posting on the public Forum.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post