Encountering usability situations

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
IanS1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Encountering usability situations

This update is terrible

- crashes all the time. "sorry, something went wrong"

- changed invoice layout. Can't change it back.

- changed invoice file names. There is no naming option when "view PDF".

- billing items:  can't change the account

That's what's wrong so far. I'm sure I'll have more!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Encountering usability situations

Hi @IanS1 

So that I can assist with the 'something went wrong' error can you tell me when you get that error, is it when running a report, saving a transaction etc?

The Help Article, Set up your sales templates, has information on invoice templates. If you need further assistance with this please provide detailed information.

When you click on View PDF the PDF opens in a new tab to be viewed. When you click on Download in the PDF the Save as window opens and you can enter the required name.

In Create bill the Account column is prefilled based on the set up of that item. If you need to change the account you will need to do so by opening that Item, making the required changes and clicking on Save.

Please let me know how you go.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

IanS1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I am very frustrated with this upgrade. I love upgrades that improve a product. Yes, some of the MYOB upgrades are improvements, but some are useless, theyu have taken away good features. Why change something that isn't broken? Very frustrating.

Invoices: Where is this "download PDF" button? I only have "view PDF"

Invoices:"Services and Items"

I used to use Item, Description, Account, etc

I'm a Builder. I have multiple items relating to multiple clients

(Item) Demolition, (Description) Walls and roof, (Account) select client

Now I have to have a seperate demolition for every client.

The Item is now fixed to the Account.

Now I have to use "service" invoices. They aren't descriptive enough for my invoices. Very fruastrating.

Bills:

I can't do a credit anymore. I can only use a "discount".

Again, I'm a builder, buying and returning materials. I used to be able to do a negative $ item (returned item), as long as the total bill was a positive $ number. eg

line 1: Timber bought $400,

line 2: timber returned -$34

total bill $366

Can't do that anymore. Now have to work out what discount to put on the $400 to get to the $366.

Why? I'm happy to be wrong.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @IanS1 

As explained when you click on View PDF the invoice opens in a separate tab to be viewed, this does not save the PDF. To save a PDF click on the Download icon in the top right corner of the PDF, to print the PDF click on the Printer icon:

image.png

If I understand your invoicing process correctly you're creating accounts for each client. If that's the case I'd recommend using Jobs. You would create a job for each project and then assign that job to invoices and bills to track job profitability. You wouldn't need to create multiple accounts or items:

image.png

The Help Article, Jobs, has detailed information on this.

You can enter a negative line by entering the No of units as a negative and the Unit price as a positive:

image.png

Or, in the Service layout as a negative amount:

image.png

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

IanS1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PDF: when I click "view PDF" it doesn't actually show the PDF, it gives me option to export, then it creates the bad file names. I have to go to the download file to get the badly named file. That pic you showed doesn't come up. How hard is it for MYOB to correct name the invoice when exported? Like it used to! Programers made a mistake. Please fix it.

Invoices: my Accountant wants "accounts" set for each client. That's how I've set up my Business and Accounts. I track my jobs by using the Accounts. What you're suggesting won't work for me. I don't have the time to restructure everything. Why would I, the old way works perfectly. MYOB has locked the item function, I need it back please. 

Negative line: that worked, thanks.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Hi @IanS1 

When you click on View PDF then Export the invoice opens in a new browser tab. Click on the new tab>> Download and the Save as window opens, you can manually enter the required name:

image.png

We added the Jobs features to the newer MYOB Essentials platform for businesses like yours so users could easily track the profitability of projects without having to continually create items and accounts. It also means that you won't have large accounts and items lists. If you don't wish to use Jobs you would be looking at creating separate items for each customer.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Did my answer help?

IanS1
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

PDF - Like I said before, the invoice doesn't actually come up on my screen. The option you show (in the picture) does not come up on my screen!

The jobs feature is useless to me. I have setup a list of items, which relate to my Building jobs. My items list hasn't changed for years, no need to. They are relevant for most clients. Easy and simple. MYOB upgrade has made my simple work way more complicated, changed my complete setup. I have simply used your feature to do my work. Now you have deleted my work! I need this function changed back. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post