Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business/Essentials. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Contacts: Increase the Name field character limit

TRG
Cover User

5Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

In the new Essentials the number of characters for customer names (company and individual) appears to limited (this was never an issues in the old Essentials).   We have a client that sells assets that require financing and the financers oftern request the full name to be inlcuded in the tax invoice.  We have reverted to using Excel to prepare tax invoices.  MYOB please fix this as a matter of urgency!

"Contacts"

3 Comments
ScotchMist
5 Posts
Cover User

MYOB essentials - It looks as though the characterd limit in the company name field has been reduced. When I try to update a customers contact details, I can't because the company name field no longer excepts the same number of characters in the company name that it did before the recent software upgrade. I get this error …."One or more fields exceed the maximum character limit."  Which means I can longer fit in the company's full details/name which is often required by the customer for finance purposes. It also means I cannot save any new/updated details without changing the company name to less than 50 characters. This mean the company name in now incomplete/incorrrect. 

myob name too long.jpg
ScotchMist
5 Posts
Cover User

As you can see by the screenshot I inclued as an example, the company name already exists in the system but it won't exept any contact details upates as there are too many characters now. 

IPWA
10 Posts
User

This is really frustrating - I have this issue as well! 

Character limits in so many places (including notes fields).