Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Quotes: Add Save and Copy (as with invoices)

Contributing User

9Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing User
Australia

Ideally we could use recurring quote templates, but alternately it would be great to be able to take an existing quote and just save a copy and change the details. Cheers. 

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2018

Hi Everyone

MYOB Essentials has the option Duplicate on quotes (as well as invoices). Selecting this option will duplicate the current transaction, saving it and allowing for a copy of that quote to be created for changes to be made/saving for a new quote.

31 Comments
SimonPPS
2 Posts
Cover User

100% behind the need for this feature.

Not being able to create a copy of a quote for editing is ridiculous, especially as you can do it for invoices and purchases.

When quoting big jobs, the need arrises to submit quotes with different options so a quote with hundreds of items on it may need to be resubmitted with one or 2 lines different, having to retype the whole quote from scratch or overwrite the existing quote is not a viable option.

AndrewSimms
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This idea was posted in June 2014?  Whats the go? I took it for granted that myob would have basic functions like this sorted out.

For example a client wants us to split a quote into two, so I have to build a whole new quote instead of just copying the original and deleting some transaction lines which I could do this in MS Word in under a minute.

McGaz
1 Post
Cover User

This absolutely needs to happen. It seems to be a very basic funtion that is missing. 

We have been using the program for a coupleof years and still no sign of this development happening. 

It wastes alot of time retyping these quotes.

We are now considering moving to a competitor as they seem to have these basic funtions in place.

triggerprod
3 Posts
Cover User

This would be a fantastic TIME SAVING feature for all!  As a SME I am under demand to provide quotations for all our jobs, but with little human resources.  This duplication feature would allow me to simply copy similar quotes, make the necessary amendments and send quickly to my customers.  10 out of 10!

Twincreative
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Ideally we could use recurring quote templates, but alternately it would be great to be able to take an existing quote and just save a copy and change the details. Cheers. 

Reason8910
1 Post
Cover User

Really need this!!

vicsolazone
1 Post
Cover User

We need this desperately. When do you think this option will be available?

triggerprod
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi there.  Well its been a long, long, time since this has been requested, but still no "Movement at the Station" so to speak as to why a simple function as to "Copy" a Quote and "Issue" a receipt cannot simply be added!!  

Is it really that hard!! Frustrations!! 

Don't forget the small business guy out here.., somewhere.......fading away................. :-(

HarmonySound
1 Post
Cover User

HI. I totally agree we need this feature. Surely it should be just like the invoices option. When having to redo a qoute of a few lines or a few hundred lines it is a big time waster. MYOB is meant to save us time!?!? Please sort this one and make our job easier. Thank you

Rochelle1981
1 Post
Cover User

Yes I also need this function, if it could be added to the next update it would be very helpful.