Share your ideas for improving MYOB Business. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Paypal Feeds

Contributing User

7Posts

64Kudos

0Solutions

7 Posts
Contributing User

Hi..

Any chance of having Paypal feeds as well as the bank feeds 

MArk

"Paypal Feeds"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2016

Hi everyone,

For some time now we have worked with the team at PayPal to provide a transaction feed. Whilst both parties still hope to do so in the future, at this stage we cannot reach a satisfactory commercial arrangement.

We will provide an update on this forum, when the status changes.

Regards,

Suja Pillai

Social Support Manager
MYOB Australia Pty Ltd

67 Comments
swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

For those who have had to switch to Xero because of this issue, how easy did you find it? Is there any kind of service available that can export/import over to Xero easy enough?

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

G'day

We are in the process of converting - it is said normally to take 3 - 4 days, although at present I suspect a bit longer due to EOFY and many people changing over from MYOB and Reckon.

The process can convert up to 2 years worth of records and is stated generally to be free-of-charge:

Edit: Link removed

Regards

Geoff

SarahMitchell
4 Posts
Cover User

Any Progress on getting PayPal feeds? We would love to have this.

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

G'day SarahMitchell

As MYOB have recently advised:  unlike Reckon, SAASU, XERO, etc, they are unwilling to agree to the terms PayPal are asking in regards to providing a Bank Feed.  It is therefore unlikely that you'll see this feature anytime within the forseeable future.

As they are aware that various clients are now taking their business elsewhere (eg to XERO) ... one has to wonder if they've taken a commercial decision to simply exit from the section of the market that requires this capability.

Likewise in regards to anyone that wants Multi-currrency, 3rd-party integration capability via Zapier or the like, or ...

Gimbals
1 Post
Former Staff

Totally agree with this one. Paypal is increasingly becoming the most frequent payment method for our online business and it is a massive pain to do this manually. MYOB, please add this as a feature!

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Would love to see the intergration of a PAYPAL feed!!! This is going to become a big part of our business soon and I am dreading the data input time. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MYOB lets get this happening!

@Montyburns wrote:

Hi..

Any chance of having Paypal feeds as well as the bank feeds 

MArk

swecs
Contributing Cover User
22 Posts
Contributing Cover User

For the record MYOB, we will be switching to Xero in the next month because of this issue. Just want to make sure you understand that it is definitely costing you customers.

Noddysfriend
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

Has any progress been made on making bank feeds avaialable for PayPal yet?

Thank you.

Joy

DecalBiz
8 Posts
User

All I can say is .... if PayPal Bank Feed is important / necessary to you, **move to XERO**.

Might also find it a better experience overall.

ntoumba
Experienced Cover User
105 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have moved one business file and opened a 2nd new file with XERO  - the sole reason is Paypal Feed. 

I dont particualrly like Xero, but it does the job. And when the main source of income is Paypal the HOURS of saved time in data entry and transactions is well worth the discomfort of learning a new program format and layout. 

I used to be able to reccomend MYOB with out hesitation and with no..... BUT.   I can no longer do this, this is now a very big ......BUT in my reccomendations. 

Its dissapointing because I believe it was 2010 when this was first brought up in the online forum. I first jumped voted on the idea in 2014 and to hear the reason longterm, loyal customers are unable to have a reasonable serivce added and provided is all down to $$$ when our subscriptions continue to increase.