Minimum Earning Protection

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Shelly3
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Minimum Earning Protection

I have an employee who has an IRD fine. I have set this up as a Court Fine deduction because the repayment amount is a value or 20% of the gross income. It is also a reducing amount.

My problem is that the percentage of gross income for the minimum earning protection appears to be closer to 30%. 

Can you please advise what the default percentage is, if I can change it or if I am missing something?

2 REPLIES 2
Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,491 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,491Posts

44Kudos

155Solutions

Re: Minimum Earning Protection

Hi @Shelly3 

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum, I hope you find plenty of useful information. 

Thank you for your post. Checking at the set-up of Court Fine Deduction, for the default percentage, you can change or adjust it. We recommend contacting directly the justice.govt.nz for you to make sure what was the default percentage is and adjust it on the set up after to avoid any mis payments or overpayments. 

You may also have a look at this Help Article: Court Fine Deduction and Reducing Balance Deduction that has all the detailed information and steps to assist you rechecking the set up and reducing the balance deduction of the IRD fines. 

If you need further help, don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your enquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Shella_A

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Shelly3
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Minimum Earning Protection

I can not find where you change the maximum deduction percentage for a Court Fine. Looking at the screen shot of the Court Fine Deduction Can you please indicate where I check and am able to edit the percentage?MYOB Court Fine Edit.jpg

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post