Allocating a GST refund

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Smithy2
1 Post
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Allocating a GST refund

Hi, I am new to MYOB.

I have just done our BAS online via MYOB and was entitled to a GST refund.

The refund has been processed and had shown up in my bank feeds but I am at a loss as to how to allocate this amount. 

I have read all the solutions I could find on here but none of them seem relivent - I am using MYOB Business online.  All the solutions I have read look to be referencing older versions of MYOB and mention a "GST Paid" account and a "GST Payable" account. The version I have only has Liability account "GST Balance"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 12.20.20 pm.png
3 REPLIES 3
Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,122 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,122Posts

115Kudos

473Solutions

Re: Allocating a GST refund

Hi @Smithy2 

Thank you for your post. I'd like to extend you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it a valuable resource.

When you make the required payment to the ATO, or receive your refund, you need to record the transaction in MYOB. I'll provide you this Help article, Recording ATO payments and credits, that has detailed information to help you record your GST refund from the ATO.

Additionally, the GST payments and refunds should be put into a separate account which you would normally create. I would recommend to seek assistance from your accountant on creating accounts.

Please feel free to post again I'm happy to assist.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

clayton4115
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

15Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,122 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,122Posts

115Kudos

473Solutions

Hi @clayton4115 

Thank you for sharing that post. It will be a valuable and helpful information that other users may look at. 

Please feel free to post again if you need help in the future and we'll be happy to assist.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post