Tax Codes in Charts of accounts

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
gujjuscleaning
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Tax Codes in Charts of accounts

Hello everyone,

I been using MYOB for a Year or so Now.

When I have started my business in last FY, I was not registered with GST. So, I left everything as N-T in Tax Codes and charts of accounts.

In this FY, I was not expecting income to go over $75K thresold till end of december 2022. So, I left it as it is.

But Now, From 01-01-2023, I have registered for GST as I am expecting it to go over $75K. So, i have changed my settings to YES for GST.

Now, the problem is, As shown in the picture attached, in the Charts of accounts, How I should decide that, in which accounts I have to keep tax codes as N-T and in which accounts I have to change to GST..? or should I have to change all accounts tax codes to GST in the charts of accounts..??

Please provide as much details as possible. I like to learn to earn more effectively.

Thanks & Regards,
Darshan Patel.

Gujju’s Cleaning ✨
Screen Shot 2023-04-18 at 9.36.09 pm.png
3 REPLIES 3
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,908Posts

90Kudos

387Solutions

Re: Tax Codes in Charts of accounts

Hi @gujjuscleaning 

Thanks for posting. 

Regarding financial advice, we highly recommend you seek assistance from your Financial Advisor.

Cheers 

Genreve

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,010 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,010Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Hi @gujjuscleaning 

As suggested by @Genreve_S this is likely something you should discuss with your accountant as with some accounts it depends on how your business uses them. Generally speaking income and expense accounts are commonly set to GST except things like depreciation and wages and super etc. In terms of asset accounts generally only Plant and Equipment accounts.

I suggest you download the sample clearwater file from here and see how that is set up. Each business is different however this might give you some ideas and identify questions you might need to ask your accountant.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
gujjuscleaning
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you, Gavin. Helpful somehow.
Thanks & Regards,