2 income statements although previous BMS ID entered

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
mfendt
Experienced Partner
30 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

30Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

2 income statements although previous BMS ID entered

We changed MYOB products during the FY and have entered all pay history for employees and notified the ATO of the BMS ID in the prompted stage when setting up the STP reporting in the new product.

Now the employees are indicating they have an Unfinalised amount (I can see if from the old product) and a fianlised amount (is the correct totals for the year) on their income statements. 

Can you please help?

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

912Kudos

636Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: 2 income statements although previous BMS ID entered

Hi @mfendt 

Notifying Previous BMS ID only works when both systems use the same employee ID. MYOB users a number such as 0123 as the Employee ID. Xero for example uses a GUID instead. 

If you cannot use previous BMS ID due to this, the next best approach is to reset YTD values to zero in the original software, so the 1st income statement will show $0 amounts only. Typically MYOB is not very user friendly with the Previous BMS ID approach. Resetting to zero can be done but can be messy as the file must also be online - you should not do this with your current myob file - use a copy.

More complex STP reporting issues such as these are best resolved by using something like STP Creator. This gives the users much more control over what is send to the ATO and can be used to fix issues with reports lodged by other software. The developers offer a temporary licence as well as paid remote assistance to step you through the fix process.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
mfendt
Experienced Partner
30 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
Experienced Partner

30Posts

7Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 

Thank you for this info. This is a bit messy then isn't it. I cannot see in the MYOB help that the employees need the same employee ID, not sure if I missed it? It would have been helpful indeed!

I still have access to the previous syem, luckily, and will zero out the pay history then re-enter it for a clear trail after sending the nil report. 

I hope you are on top of all you EOFY tasks 🙂

- Michelle

Doreen_P
MYOB Moderator
3,376 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,376Posts

174Kudos

369Solutions

Hi, @mfendt 

Glad to hear that issue has been fixed already. Please feel free to post again if further assistance is needed.

Best regards,

Doreen

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post