Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Fringe Benefit year for STP EOY reporting

HI

I am finalising my payroll for 2022/2023.  The end of year report allows me to add the S57(A) grossed up amounts for the fringe benefit year (1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023) manually (we are a NFP), but the report itself appears to be reporting expense payment salary sacrifice deduction totals for the financial year and not the fringe benefit year.  I have one employee who did not begin sacrificing until Aug 22, so his total pre-gross figure should be $8000 up until end March '23, whereas the report is showing the $11,000 that he sacrificed between Aug 22 and Jun 23.  Does this matter?  Does the ATO extract the correct info from his previously reported payroll history or is MYOB reporting incorrectly?  

4 REPLIES 4
Steph123456
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Fringe Benefit year for STP EOY reporting

Hi,

Did you get a response or find a way around this?  I am having this issue too. 

HCLS
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Hi.

No I have not.  The only notifications I have received are for accumulating badges earned by frequenting these forums looking for answers while waiting for support. 🙄

I ended up submitting the pays to ATO, given that today is our deadline.  I have to assume that the ATO will extract the information from the appropriate period.  At least I know the grossed up amounts are correct.  As one of four employees who salary package, I will be scrutinising my own tax return extra carefully when the time comes.

Steph123456
4 Posts
User

4Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I will be sending these off manually on Monday via snail mail.  it's the only way i can see it'll be correct.  Very frustrating. 

HCLS
Experienced Cover User
10 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

10Posts

1Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

We use Xero now.