11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Payroll YTD figures are incorrect.

I prepared a spreadsheet of each pay slip to get the correct YTD total and the YTD totals in MYOB do not agree. 

The YTD totals, in MYOB, were correct as at Nov 23. The employee was terminated in December 23 - (only a redundancy / retirement payment was made for him). The termination payment appears on the YTD but the wages paid for November are now not included in the YTD. I cannot finalise his employment or provide him with a Payment Summary as the figures the ATO have are incorrect.

15 REPLIES 15
JaniceM
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Payroll YTD figures are incorrect.

Further to above request for help:

The P&L figures and the Payroll activity report both agree with the spreadsheet I did of each pay slip.

However the YTD Pay-run history report and the YTD vertification report do not agree - they are out by the Novemeber payroll.  Hence the ATO Income Statement provided by the ATO has the same discrepancy.

I can provide the spreadsheet detailing all the above.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @JaniceM,

It's great to have you in our Community Forum!

Thank you for your post. The discrepancy could be due to the total amount of an inactive employee not showing in the activity and register report. If any payments have been altered at any point over the year (amended over/under payments, reversed or deleted a pay), it could cause discrepancies as every report through STP is reflected in the BAS Portal, and those figures do not update as per YTD figures. I suggest checking the payroll reports first to see if they agree with the YTD verification report under EOFY.

However, if the figures are still not matching, given the complexity of these issues, may we have the spreadsheets and those payroll reports showing discrepancies in the figures for reference? Please note to hide any important details shown on the screenshot before posting it here in the forum.

We're looking forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JaniceM
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

We only have the one employee.

I have compared the various payroll reports on a spreasheet which I will endeavour to post here

JaniceM
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

I cannot delete the company details from the reports, can you advise how to do so and I will then send the reports.

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @JaniceM

Thanks for the update. If you aren't able to remove those important details from the report, kindly send me the report via private message.

Thanks,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi JaniceM, 

Thanks for your response. To attach a screenshot of the payroll reports, you may click this "photo" (see screenshot below). 

Then another screen will show an option to upload an image or document. 

Click the file and upload the screenshot. Let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JaniceM
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Have deleted the company information. Attached please find:

Scanned copy of YTD verification report

Copy of Pay run history exported to Excel, it which you will see that the YTD figures for Base salary, personal leave, allowances, tax and super for pay periods 1/10/12-31/10/23 and 1/11/23-30/11/23 have not changed. I have highlighted the YTD figures in question.

As you will see the payroll for pay period 1/11/23-30/11/23 has not been included in the YTD.

I trust you will be able to resolve this issue, hope to hear fom you soon

Regards

Shella_A
MYOB Moderator
1,558 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

1,558Posts

50Kudos

166Solutions

Hi @JaniceM,

Thanks for sending us the screenshot of the report requested. After checking it thoroughly, I suggest checking the ATO payroll categories assigned to those pay items included for the November pay run. If all of these are correct and no changes were made in the November pay runs, I highly recommend submitting an update event to sync all the figures correctly. Then, once it is accepted, rerun all the payroll reports again to compare the figures and see if they're updated.

Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this. 

Kind regards,

Shella

MYOB Community Forum

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

JaniceM
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

11Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Shella,

I have checked all the ATO payroll categories assigned to those pay items included for the November pay run, all of them are correct and no changes were made in the November pay run.

I don't think sumbitting an update event to sync all the figures correctly will work, as:

1) I sent an update event to the ATO on the 29/12/2023 when I advised them of the termination of the employee. Attached please find copy of STP report - (the 29/12/2023 is date sent termination date to ATO)

2) On 17 January 2024 is the date the Employee's Accounting firm requested the Income Statement from the ATO, which showed the discrepancies between the Employee's Verification YTD and the ATO's Income Statement.

I have attached myob Payroll Activity Report - this report shows the correct figures. Why do some myob reports show correct figuires?

It is a dilemna but I don't see how sending another update event will sync all the figures correctly with the ATO.

Please advise at your earliest,

Thanks

Janice

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post