Forum Discussion

SueAPS
Contributing Cover User
10 months ago

Payrun data has not posted to wages expense & YTD Verification Report is incorrect for 2022/23

The YTD Verification Report total wages does not agree to Payroll Summary Report or Payroll Register Report.

Payroll Summary & Payroll Register Reports are the same.

Payroll Expenses: Wages & Salaries does not agree to the Payroll Summary/Payroll Register Reports.  The expense account is missing 2x employees payruns for the whole year.

There were terminated employees prior to STP2. I have re-activated these employees and submitted zero payruns and then terminated them again.  This fixed some of the issue with the YTD Verification Report but it is still not agreeing to the Payroll reports.  What else do I need to do?

How can the payruns be there for 2 x employees but not be showing in the Payroll Expenses: Wages & Salaries general ledger account?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I have spent hours and hours trying to sort this out for a client.

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Celia_B
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SueAPS 

Thank you for flagging this to us. 

As for this matter, to furtherly assist you with this, Can you please send me the copy of your expanded report for your payroll activity? You can go to Reporting>>Reports>>Payroll>>Payroll Activity>>Click on Expand All>>Export>>Choose PDF. 

Looking forward to your response. I am happy to assist you further. 

Regards, 

Cel

SueAPS
      Contributing Cover User

How do I send you this report? 

I have finally reconciled & finalised the STP.  However, the general ledger Wages account is still missing pay runs.  In fact, it is happening in the current year as well.  Gross wages (to date) per Payroll Reports $7041.14 but general ledger Wages account is $2652.54.  What is going on with this?

SueAPS
      Contributing Cover User

You can see from comparing the Pay Run History report and the Wages General Ledger report that a number of pay runs are missing in the general ledger.  For instance, in the YTD reports, pay runs 279, 282, 286 & 288 are not showing in the general ledger.

Can you provide any assistance or direct me to where I can?  Do I need to log a support call?

Isaiah_C
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SueAPS 

Thank you for your patience. Kindly check the Payroll Register and Payroll Activity Summary report if those two-report match. You may also check the Individual Summary report which you can find in Single Touch Payroll Reporting > EOFY Finalisation tab > Against each employee, there is three dots that you can click then select View summary report (PDF), this is the breakdown of other pay items that is not reported as Gross Payments. If you add these Gross YTD to the Verification Report, everything should match. Lastly, check the ATO Reporting Category for each pay item that you used to make sure they were assigned correctly. Once checked, please send an update event as this ensures the ATO will receive the up-to-date figures of your employees.

Please let me know if you need further help.

Kind regards,

Sai