Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Beginning Balance should be zero

Hi

I don't understand why my beginning balance is the same as the 1 and only transaction. How do I zero out the beginning balance - see screenshot.

Thanks

Rick'

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi RedRaptorMowing 

Based on the screenshot the beginning balance of the account is $95,638.60 you have then recorded a credit transaction for that liability account which would have increased that account further to be $191,277.20 (double the initial value).

If you wanted the opening account balance to be zero I would be looking at expanding out that date range to be the opening balance date or an earlier date 01/01/1900. This should list all the transactions associated with that account allowing you to see what transactions have impacted that account balance. If there are no other transactions listed, you would want to go to the Chart of account and review the set opening balance of the account through that window.

• Hi

I didn't see a second transaction when expanding the date range. I checked the chart of accounts and the opening balance is $0:00

I did enter a second transaction for the same entry, when I realised I had duplicated it I deleted it. I wonder if it's a bug that the deleted transaction didn't update the balance??

Should I delete the account and re-create it?

Thanks for your help

Rick

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi RedRaptorMowing 

So we can investigate further would you mind providing us a screenshot of the Transactions window where the Date from is listed as 01/01/2000. In addition to that, can we get a copy of the Account Transactions report for that same period and same account.