General Ledger Details opening balance changes

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
vizagsteve
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

General Ledger Details opening balance changes

Hi,

I have an issue when I am creating a report in general ledger details and it is annoying that MYOB changes the opening balance depending on how many financial years I am searching for.

I most recently wanted to analyze my GST accounts (2-1301 GST Collected, 2-1302 GST claimable, 2-1315 GST 31 March 2022). If I choose to create a report for just one financial year from 1/04/2021 to 31/03/2022, at the top of the report is an opening balance of -0.12 cents, but if I search for a larger range for example from 1/04/2017 to 31/03/2022 and the -0.12 cent opening balance disappears and each GST period balances out to nil correctly. Do you know what could be the problem? 

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: General Ledger Details opening balance changes

Hi @vizagsteve 

Welcome to the Community Forum. I would check if it's the report itself not showing what transaction makes up the $0.12, or the data in the file. You can check this by opening; Banking > Find Transactions > Search by Account > Choose the relevant account and date > Check if the Opening Balance also shows that amount. 

If it doesn't I would start with Clearing the Cache, which can fix some report display issues. If the report is still not correct and you cannot identify the cause for the discrepancy, could you respond with the last 4 digits of your Serial Number and a screenshot of the Report / Find Transaction windows for me to investigate further? 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

vizagsteve
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

1Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: General Ledger Details opening balance changes SOLVED!!

Hi,

I found out what the problem was with the general ledger details. I thought that I was in accrual mode, but my settings kept on defaulting to cash mode, so when I was able to change the settings to accrual, this solved the situation.

Thank you to all who gave suggestions.

Regards

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post