Forum Discussion

4 months ago
Solved

Transaction reports

As a relatively new user of this program, I am struggling with learning what it has to offer.

With the MYOB program that I have used for many decades, I could print a summary of transactions to the bank account for a specific period which ran to about one half of an A4 page. With this program, that does not seem possible. Even after spending an hour or more in an online chat, the assistant was not able to guide me into producing that report which, surely, should be very easy.

Now I am having difficulty reconciling the GST accounts because there appear to be anomalies between what I have reported to the ATO under the old program and what this new program is telling me. I don't know how to produce GST reports for prior periods.

Can anyone help me with this program which I very much regret buying?

• Hi RadioMan45

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about all your difficulties with the new program. In my understanding, the information you are trying to find can be generated using the Account Transactions report. Unfortunately, this report is only available for the Business Pro (unavailable for the Business Lite). If you are using Business Lite, you won't have access to this report. 

For your GST accounts report concern, the application cannot recreate a report from your previous software. The software could only generate a report using the information in its ledger. If you have a way to open your old program, you can generate that report and compare it against your current file's information. 

If you need to learn or reinforce your use of the application, you can open the MYOB Academy and go through different courses to learn how to handle the application better.

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
    Genreve

1 Reply

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi RadioMan45

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forum. 

I'm sorry to hear about all your difficulties with the new program. In my understanding, the information you are trying to find can be generated using the Account Transactions report. Unfortunately, this report is only available for the Business Pro (unavailable for the Business Lite). If you are using Business Lite, you won't have access to this report. 

For your GST accounts report concern, the application cannot recreate a report from your previous software. The software could only generate a report using the information in its ledger. If you have a way to open your old program, you can generate that report and compare it against your current file's information. 

If you need to learn or reinforce your use of the application, you can open the MYOB Academy and go through different courses to learn how to handle the application better.

Let us know if you require any other assistance.

Thanks,
    Genreve