It looks like MYOB has lost a business transaction - Please HELP!

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
nyeah
1 Post
User
User

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

It looks like MYOB has lost a business transaction - Please HELP!

This issue has occured previously as evidenced in the community with no resolution given, however that was Account Right, this issue has occured to us as we discovered today trying to locate an Invoice in Essentials.

It looks like MYOB has lost a business transaction - help!

Today we think we've identified a transaction that the system has deleted (lost? corrupted?) - all on its little own.

• We have a paper copy of the transaction that was printed, when the invoice was created 28.08.23.  Having been printed from MYOB, we have evidence that the transaction did exist. We have also confirmed that MYOB did indeed send the emails with said missing invoice, to both the client, and ourselves.
  • Via the transaction Journal Security Audit report, we can see the invoice being created 28.08.23.
  • We can see the invoice being opened and edited a few days later.
  • The final entry for the invoice showing in the Journal Security Audit is dated 12.09.23- and it is an Action = System.
  • There is are no further appearances of the invoice in the journal report after that date.
  • Today, when payment came in, our sales admin was not able to find the invoice in order to apply the payment.
  • I have searched in every way we can think of to find out what happened.

1. We have searched via the Sales Register - searching dates from 01/08/2010 to 28/08/2030, so it is not a date issue.   We searched on transaction number, customer PO, value of the invoice and the customer name.
  2. We have searched via the Transaction Search - using both the invoice number and the customer PO number.
  3. We tried recreating the invoice - but MYOB told us the invoice number was already in use; but if it is - we cannot see it.

This is only one invoice but it puts the whole consistency of the company file into question.

Any suggestions on where else or how else to find out what happened would be gratefully accepted.

We have also logged into Essetnials via a different browser, and NO it is still missing in that browser also!

PLEASE HELP

1 REPLY 1
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,407 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,407Posts

116Kudos

272Solutions

Re: It looks like MYOB has lost a business transaction - Please HELP!

Hi @nyeah,

Thank you so much for your detailed post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to learn about the problems you've encountered with your invoices. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response. 

What I recommend is to clear your browser's cache and history to fix this issue. And also, If they are are showing up in the Sales Register in AccountRight, could you please attempt to clear the AccountRight cache and then refresh the window? Occasionally, display issues can arise due to corrupt browser cache. If this doesn't resolve the issue, please check to see if the invoices have been inadvertently deleted from the system. In general, anything that has been entered should remain unless it has been manually altered or deleted.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.
Regards,
Earl

MYOB Community Forum

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Accept it as a Solution
Leave a to tell others

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post