GST code for expenses

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
NickiD1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

GST code for expenses

Hi, is it possible to change the tax code for individual GL Expense Accounts? We are not GST registered so I would like to set all expense codes to N-T so that someone doesn't post an invoice with GST by mistake. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Yanike_S
MYOB Moderator
2,585 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

2,585Posts

159Kudos

380Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: GST code for expenses

Hi @NickiD1 

Thanks for your post.

If your business is not GST registered, you shouldn't need to change tax codes on any of the accounts, therefore the option is not there.

You can register your business as not GST registered under Business Name>>Business Settings>>GST settings.

If you are GST registered, you can assign a tax code to any detail account in your accounts list. The tax code you assign will appear as the default tax code when you post a transaction to this account.

For example, you have assigned the GST tax code to an expense account. When you settle a bill in the Spend Money window and allocate it to this account, the GST tax code will appear in this window by default.

You can allocate a tax code to an account. To open this window, go to the Accounting menu > Chart of accounts, and click account name of the required account.

Kind regards,
Yanike

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

NickiD1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you Yanike for your reply. I have already selected no to gst registered which is probably why I can't change the tax codes however some have defaulted to GST. When I post a purchase invoice I still have the option to select the tax code, not sure why.

NickiD1
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

9Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hello again Yanike, I changed GST settings to registered for GST to allow me to change the GST codes to N-T, then I changed the GST settings back to not registered and that seems to have done the trick. I no longer get the option to select a GST code when entering purchases. Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post