Sallylife
Cover User
8 years ago
Done

Receive money: Use of Tab through table

Can it be made possible to tab across the table in receive money in myob essentials, you can do it in spend money and purchases etc but for some reason not in receive money

"Tab across the table in receive money"

15 Comments

• Hello,

Can you please allow the function to be able to tab through a Receive Money Transaction.  It's incredibly annoying when entering a lot of data and i can not understand why it would be set up not to do this from the beginning.  I understand if you have bank feeds set up that it's not as big of an issue, we don't have bank feeds set up nor do we plan to therefore its hugely frustrating on a regular basis.  It's common sense to tab through these transactions for entry.  

Thankyou 

laurenhasqs
      Contributing Cover User

yes agreed. even if you do use bank feeds there is still sometimes the need to enter a manual trans here and there. Im coming from having used account right live for many years prior to essentials and its 'engrained in my fingers'  and it doesnt bloody work. so frustrating. please fix it. 

mariad
    Experienced Cover User

I second this. The inability to tab between fields is very frustrating.  Even more so when it works in some screens but not in others.

• This seems such a simple fix!  Not being able to tab when entering receive money is extremly frustrating as it multiplys the data entry time.  Also I find that often when selecting a gl code it doesn't stay put and have to reselect it again.  I know the data entry for a receive money can also be done via the bank rec window but using receive money is better when there is a lot to enter.

• You used to be able to tab through the fields in the Spend Money page (Allocate to, Description, Amount etc) and then type in data without having to click each field in order to enter said data. That no longer works. Each field must be clicked to enter data, which is so time consuming and ultra cumbersome. The same thing happens in the Journal entry page. It used to work though. Please fix.

The Bills page, however allows data entry in the Item, Descriptiion etc fields without having to click.

BiancaBiz
      Contributing Cover User

Isn't it madness that there is no explanation for the tab button no longer being utilised for moving through a data entry form?  And that support's solution is to encourage us to 'vote it up' to get it resolved?!

GRRRRR!!!

Haydes
      MYOB Product Team
      Status changed:
      New
      to
      New

Hi TonyScarcia & BiancaBiz 

I help look after the Spend Money page and I just looked into this and I was able to tab through each field in the table without any issues and wanted to check if you're also able to use tabs to get through the table in the Spend Money page.

Let me know if you're still having problems for that page!

As for the Receive Money page, I don't look after that area but I looked into it anyway and sure enough it doesn't use tab to change fields except going down to Save or Save & Add. I've passed this onto the right crew that look after that page to look into.

Cheers,
      Hayden

MYOB Product Analyst

BiancaBiz
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Haydes 

Any chance of an update from the relevant team re the Receive Money page?

Thanks

Bianca

• I would like to add my vote to this suggestion as the current user experience within 'Receive Money' is VERY BAD and SUPER FRUSTRATING.

• In Receive Money, when entering the details and moving across through Date, Cheque No, Payer fields etc I have to stop typing and use my mouse to get to the next field. Please enable it so we can use the tab key to move across. I notice that in Spend Money it works fine.

Tektite
    Experienced User

The inability to tab through the fields is totally inefficient.

• Status changed:
    New
    to
    Done

Hi Everyone

Users can use the tab key to tab through the various columns and fields on the Create receive money transaction window within MYOB Essentials.

• And how do we activate this change? I'm still unable to tab across from "Amounts are:" down to "Date" "Cheque No." etc.