Share your ideas for improving MYOB Essentials Accounting. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

MYOB Essentials

Setup: User Accounts/restricting users

Trusted Partner

79Posts

106Kudos

5Solutions

79 Posts
Trusted Partner

When I demonstrated LiveAccounts early on to an accounting firm I get referrals from the initital response was "What about User Accounts and restricted access"?  Any plans on this front?

"User Accounts/restricting users"

Current Status: Planned
Last Changed: November 2016

Thank you all for your feedback. User access management is certainly a popular requested feature, we are pleased to let you know that our developers are targeting this in 2017.

Please continue casting your vote if you are interested in this idea, and leave any detailed suggestions to our developers in the comment section. 

76 Comments
Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

We are getting a new employee and I don't want them to be able to see the banking or payroll information on MYOB Essentials. I was very disappointed that I had no way of blocking them at all. In an age where we are told to protect people's privacy at all costs, how am I going to be able to move forward when I either have to give them the no use of the program or the ability if they are nosy to look into every aspect. Very disappointed that this hasn't been attended to yet.

Experienced User
26 Posts
Experienced User

I see in some earlier posts that the issue of access for different users was going to be addressed in 2017. We are now in October. How far away is this upgrade?

3 Posts
User

Hi

It would be way better if  the  user accces was limited as the Administrater should have full access and any users (limited) not being allowed to see any banking details and also limiting the reports that they can have access.  Most companies do not what all their staff knowing the financial situation of thier company.  On a postive note  having only just started using MYOB I am really loving it.

Cheers Avey Smiley Happy

1 Post
User

Any update on this, it's only been asked for 7 years...

2 Posts
User

Now that 2017 has been and gone, has the feature been deployed?If the feature has been deployed, please describe how to use it. As far as I can tell, there are still only 2 categories of users: standard and admin. It would be extremely useful if it would be possible to have read-only users. I have trouble understanding why this would be a difficult change to make.

3 Posts
Cover User

I recently started myob essentials and Im very happy with the program. HOWEVER.....

Please tell me why there is no option to restrict user access ?? 

Most small business need to be able to give access to staff to do basic things like ‘invoice’ only, and keep other Information private. This makes absolutely no sense. It would be a very simple system change and having read other comments has been a problem for years. 

Please dont tell me the solution is to ugrade to a much more expensive myob program just for this one feature ? Hopefully I’ve got it all wrong but if not its a Deal breaker ! 

3 Posts
Cover User

I’m shocked by this and have decided that if what I thought was a reputable professional accounting system can ignore this massive system fail then I need to go elsewhere.

if any other users would like to suggest a good alternative to Myob essentials please let me know. May as well make this forum productive. Having read the same complaint posted from that last 7 years it’s clearly not going to change. 

Many suggestions welcome ? 

Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Laura-YCM wrote:

When I demonstrated LiveAccounts early on to an accounting firm I get referrals from the initital response was "What about User Accounts and restricted access"?  Any plans on this front?

@Sachin wrote:

Hi Steven,

I believe that the user security and audit trail is very important function needed due to number of security issues and when there are many people using same essentials file.

thanks

Do we know when this is coming when the target date was 2017 and it was highlighted in 2016 as well?

Partner
4 Posts
Partner

When are you going to alter the bank details to be viewed by the administaror only- why is this taking so long??!!

Partner
4 Posts
Partner

This is cousing quite a lot of concern for myself and my clients- who have staff assisting them using Essentials.

I have been told that myob is looking into it and it is difficult to do- which i do not beleive- if it is avaialble in Account right surely that segment can be implented into essentials!!!