Forum Discussion

AAA-Above
Cover User
9 months ago

MYOB not recognising New Version of Outlook

Hi,

My Outlook has updated to the new version and MYOB Accountright is now not recognising it for sending payslips.

Do you know how I can fix this?

Microsoift couldn't help.

18 Replies

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi AAA-Above,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues when sending payslips. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response

In general, if you find that the email option is greyed out, it typically indicates that AccountRight cannot detect Outlook on the computer. This situation may arise if a compatible version of Outlook is installed after AccountRight.

To resolve this, I recommend starting by reinstalling AccountRight on the computer. This reinstallation should enable AccountRight to detect Outlook and enable email functionality through Outlook.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
    Regards,
    Earl

G_I
      Experienced Partner

I have this issue too. Microsoft have released a new version of Outlook (olk.exe) that is modernised and works quite differently. The current version that I have is "1.2023.1114.100", and they are simply calling it "Outlook (new)".

The new version does not appear to support COM or VBA the same way that the classic version of Outlook (OUTLOOK.EXE) does.

Reinstalling MYOB will have no impact since MYOB relies on COM in order to communicate with Outlook, and the new outlook simply doesn't support this.

Currently when I try and email something out of MYOB, it hangs and eventually causes the MYOB error screen "Something's gone wrong and AccountRight needs to close", and the error report shows that it is a COM exceoption:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {0006F03A-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the following error: 80080005 Server execution failed (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80080005 (CO_E_SERVER_EXEC_FAILURE)).

Earl_HD Are you able to tell us if MYOB will incorporate support for this new Outlook application?

Alternatively perhaps an option could be provided to save the email to a ".eml" or ".msg" file which we could then open and send using the new outlook?

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi G_I,

Thank you very much for your informative post, and I apologize for the delay in responding. Other users managed to resolve this issue by updating their Windows security. The workaround you suggested seems effective as well. I'd also recommend visiting these help articles that provide detailed information on Sending emails using Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft support article. They might offer additional insights and solutions to further assist you.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help!
        Regards,
        Earl