Customised pre-printed cheque is printing with extra fields?.

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
iosman1234
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Customised pre-printed cheque is printing with extra fields?.

Hello,

After changing over to the online MYOB AccountingRight version, I successfully customised the pre-printed cheques form for one of our entities/company files.  However, after customising the pre-printed cheque for the other entity, when I print the cheque using my customised form it prints with all these other fields over the ones I created in my customised form.  When I do a print alignment form, none of these fields show up, only the ones I created and everything looks fine.  Then when I print the cheque, those fields print correctly but I get all the account enteries, ABN, ACN etc etc, which are not needed on the cheques.  Can anyone help me? 

thanks

iosman

2 REPLIES 2
Komal_S
MYOB Moderator
8,280 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

8,280Posts

741Kudos

1,164Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: Customised pre-printed cheque is printing with extra fields?.

Hi @iosman1234 

Cheques are made up of two forms : the cheque and the stub. The stub would show the summary of what's on the cheque and would have some pre-built fields according to the type of the transaction entered. 

You can customise stub layouts by going to Setup--> Customise Forms and then Form Options.

form options.PNG

The various layouts are used for following purposes: 

• Regular—This layout is assigned to cheques recorded in the Spend Money window.
  • Payable (Not Basics)—This layout is assigned to cheques recorded in the Pay Bills window.
  • Refund—This layout is assigned to cheques recorded in the Settle Returns & Credits window.
  • Paycheque (Plus and Premier, Australia only)—This layout is assigned to cheques recorded in the Pay Employees window. 

Therefore, if you have printed cheque for the payment made to a bill, the printed form would include all the extra fields from the Payable layout in addition to the fields you have in your customised cheque. The print alignment form would still print in a standard format without including all the stub layout fields. 

In order to resolve it, I would recommend reviewing the different form options, and ensuring that you only have fields that you require in each form option. 

Kind regards,
Komal

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

iosman1234
Experienced User
36 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

36Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

Re: Customised pre-printed cheque is printing with extra fields?.

@iosman1234 wrote:

Hello,

After changing over to the online MYOB AccountingRight version, I successfully customised the pre-printed cheques form for one of our entities/company files.  However, after customising the pre-printed cheque for the other entity, when I print the cheque using my customised form it prints with all these other fields over the ones I created in my customised form.  When I do a print alignment form, none of these fields show up, only surveys on the go codes the ones I created and everything looks fine.  Then when I print the cheque, kroger feedback customer satisfaction survey those fields print correctly but I get all the account enteries, ABN, ACN etc etc, which are not needed on the cheques.  Can anyone help me? 

thanks

iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post